Skip to main content

Funker Bunker, Raids 27-29, Level 12

The Bunker Part 2 is the quest that pays the most XP with a whopping 9,200 XP which is far more than any other quest available to me.  I need to get it done.

Raid 27 - The Bunker Part 2.2

Destination: Reserve

Loadout:  MP5, class 4 armored rig, meds, ears, backpack.

I spawned next to the scavlands shared extract. Booked it to White Bishop, dropped into the basement. My plan is not well thought out. With this spawn I'm pretty close to the bunker - maybe if I hustle I can just hit the five entrances before anyone else makes it?

I crossed the water, and started going up the stairs to King. There was shuffling in that upper corridor. Someone is there.  I decided to not be deterred - I'll hop up and hop down.  As I went up the stairs I saw the silhouette of not one, but two players looking at me. I fired, they fired.

Time In Raid: 2 minutes, 3 seconds
Exp: 0
Shots Fired: 21, Hits: 2, Damage to Body: 58, Damage to armor: 43
Killed by: TTV_Buddy_420 .   GG TTV_Buddy_420 !

Mistakes

  • what the fuck am I doing? This was 100% on me. 
  • why don't I have a clear plan?
  • I have done this quest before, maybe go read about how I did it last time.
  • I heard noise yet charged up the stairs anyway?  
  • did I really think I'd be able to circumnavigate the entire bunker, that has not one but two marked rooms in it, without encountering anyone at the raids start?
  • this isn't even a hard quest, and this is the second time I've failed it this wipe. Inexcusable.
  • I can't afford these losses. My rubles are nearly depleted, this MP5 is my last decent weapon. My insurance return from yesterday was just bank robber rigs and backpacks, neither of which has good penetration or damage stats.

Successes

  • realizing after my second attempt that I am approaching this wrong, instead of after my third or fourth attempt

Raid 28 - Loot Run on Shoreline

  • boring (27 minutes, 20 seconds)
  • successful (928 XP, survived)
  • why was I even attempting loot runs on Customs? Way too dangerous.  

Raid 29 - The Bunker Part 2.3 

Plan: Most importantly, I have a plan. It's the same plan as the last time I did this.  I will hide somewhere for ten minutes or so, then I'll go visit the entrances. If needed, I will do this like a needle and thread - go in the bunker, then go back out, over to the next entrance, repeat.  Hopefully that won't be necessary.

Loadout: Another stock MP5 (found it in a stash on Shoreline).  Class 3 armor (scav run), meds, ears, rig. No backpack - I'm not planning on looting, and I'll just use the manhole cover extract.

I spawned in the King garages.  Hmm - I was actually hoping for a far away spawn, but whatever. I quickly moved to the stairwell leading to the bunker, re-closing any door or gate I opened.  Then I went UP the stairs instead of down, and took up station in the dark on the stairwell between the second and third story. This might not be a good place, but I can't think of a better one. 

I waited for 10 minutes. Not much sounds of combat anywhere.  I started my descent. I entered the bunker via the King stairs. As I came down that last staircase I heard someone approaching fast. I ran. I ran down the steps, turned left, FLASH!! something flashed to my right and behind me, but I didn't stop. I ran to the waters edge and jumped. I splashed down into the water on the far side, waded up and out, and ran up the ramp.  That's two entrances acquired.

From White Bishop, I crossed the sidewalk quickly and reentered King. Through the gym, through the garage. Quiet, clear. I started moving towards White Pawn when I saw someone running right at me. BAM. Fuck. My leg blacked with a single shot.  A Gluhar guard.  I staggered to the side of the bushes and ducked down. The guards have trouble seeing through the foliage. As I ducked I noted his position. I aimed down sight, could barely maybe see the top of his helmet and fired three quick shots through the bush. 

I think I killed him. No way!  I peeked around the bush. He was down, dead.  I can't believe it. That was a lucky shot. I desperately wanted to loot him - those guards have good armor and weapons, but he's on the sidewalk easily visible and that means the other guards are around. I crawled into a bush and healed my leg. Then I bush-crawled my way over to White Pawn, being very very careful to not be seen.

I descended into White Pawn, quietly. It was deathly still. I advanced to the bunker entrance. BOOM BOOM BOOM.  Three shotgun blasts from in the bunker, but no other sounds of combat. I stopped. Maybe it's just me but that felt like a warning.  Are my odds better going forward and taking on a cheater, or going backwards and potentially running afoul Gluhar's minions?  I turned and went backwards.  

From White Pawn I bush crawled my way around to the back of Black Pawn. I've learned from many many offline sessions that Gluhars guards don't see well into the foliage. So you can use the hedgerows as paths to avoid detection. Sometimes I just go behind them, but other times I go through them. 

Two more entrances is all I need. I entered Black Pawn, descended to the basement, took the gyms over to the Welcome to Hell entrance.  The door to Black Bishop was closed.  I could hear someone moving around in the bunker. Also, footsteps approaching from outside. I took shelter behind a doorframe and right leaned out.  The hall I was staring into was pitch black, I could barely make out a shape approaching, but once I had a good sense of its outline I let loose and emptied my magazine.  "Why did you ..." came over the VOIP.  The lights came on - the D-2 switch has been pulled. I opened the door to Black Bishop and went that direction.  I have all five entrances acquired.  Now to get out of here.  

If Gluhar is in Black Bishop, then I have to be very very careful. The guards will come running if I make any noise. I crossed under the building, footsteps moving above - player scavs most likely. Hmmm. I exited the building and made my way to manhole cover.  A whole pack of AI scavs shouted at me and started firing as I made the last run, but I zig-zagged, made it unscathed and extracted successfully.

Time In Raid: 29 minutes, 48 seconds
Exp: 1228
Shots Fired: 15, Hits: 3, Accuracy: 0.2, Damage to Body: 121
Kills: Level 31-50 USEC and Diman Zhigan (player scav).   Good game guys!  

Mistakes

  • that was not a Gluhar guard, that was just a PMC with an SVDS.  I misread this completely.

Successes

  • killed a PMC and player scav
  • completed quest
  • survived
  • Level 12

Remarks

That was a lucky shot on the PMC/Gluhar guard.  That MP5 was stock - no laser, no red dot. I don't know who it was, but I bet he's mad. Sorry friend. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I