Skip to main content

Not Fun - Raid 79 - Level 18

I crossed over the million ruble barrier recently. That's great to have some of the financial worry behind me. And I picked up a new Ragman quest on Reserve: visit 5 different rooms. Pretty chill. Except it requires four keys that cost more than a million rubles in total.  Awesome.  But I ran a scouting mission as a scav and some of those rooms get unlocked by PMCs and left open. So maybe I can just piggy-back on someone else, like I did for Delivery from the Past

Destination: Reserve

Goal: Kill raiders in bunker (still need 2 more) and visit the 5 rooms.

Raid 79 - Sigh

Loadout: Beloved Vityaz with Pst gzh, one grenade, Class 4 armor. Meds, ears.

Caught the pole position spawn this time - spawned in the bunker itself, white pawn dead end. The raiders don't always spawn in the first minute, so I looted a couple containers and slowly made my way into the bunker. It was empty. I visited all the places the raiders hide. Nothing. I pulled the D-2 switch, except for the lights coming on, there was no change. Looted a container.  Now what?  

I'll hang out a little more. I went back to the white pawn hallway. Another player entered the bunker and began running around. More than likely, when he's done he'll go up the ramp from King to White Pawn - that seems to be the route everyone takes. So I went up to the little door and posted. I aimed down sight standing to the side of the doorframe. If I left lean I'll lean into the doorframe. I waited. 

He finished up, his footsteps approaching. I aimed down sight, at the ready. Hopefully he'll run, because then I can catch him with his weapon down. He advanced, I could see his flashlight on the wall. Then he stopped.  

Why did he stop? Is my shoulder visible through the doorframe? I don't think it should be - the way his light is coming through means he shouldn't have an angle. He stayed stopped. Now what?  I quieted my motion to the minimum, took a single sidestep away from the door, stood, stepped back and leaned and fired and died instantly to a headshot from the aptly named YoureTooSlowTV

Time In Raid: 5 minutes, 46 seconds
Exp: 61
Ammo Used: 3 - No hits.
Killed By: YoureTooSlowTV with a M855A1 to the head.  GG YoureTooSlowTV , how did you know I was there? Quick reaction!

Mistakes

  • This is exactly the sort of fight I should not be taking. I simply don't have the skills for this. Nor the ammo neither - he had a fat helmet (Altyn?) and my Pst gzh would take a loooong time to drill through that.
  • I'm not sure what the best course of action should have been. Simply flee? 

Successes

  • it will be a success if I manage to take a lesson away from this and similar losses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi