Skip to main content

Delivery from the Past, Part 1 - Raid 17 - Level 7

Destination: Customs

Plan: Not a great plan. I need to get into the director's office at the customs house, but I don't have the key. So the plan is if I spawn on the industrial side of the river to just slowly make my way there and see if someone leaves the door open. If I spawn on the customs house side, I'll just kill time (and anyone I encounter) and hope someone opens it for me.   

Raid 17 - Fun in the Sun

It was a bright sunny midafternoon when I spawned into the area near the trailer park. This is the customs house side.  So I found a bush and sat.  After about three minutes I decided to maybe start my way there. As I approached the storage sheds I heard someone speaking Russian and footsteps. Then a player scav stepped into the road and started making his way to the river. He forgot to check his six. I aimed down sight and gently reminded him. I got off a shot (surprisingly not a kill shot) but then my weapon jammed.  He ran. I reloaded, I ran after him, flanking. He was scared cowering behind one of the trailer shacks when I leaned around the corner and autofired him back to the start screen.

He had nothing worth taking. I went backwards, away from the river. Slowly worked my way around to the customs house from the far side. It was quiet. Circled in and what do you know? the door - it is open!!  I ran up the stairs - cleared both rooms. But it was quiet.  I got my package.  Awesome.  Now to extract.

I felt a little sad at getting the package - I was half hoping that the door would be closed so I could just wander the map chasing down fights. But, I shouldn't be too upset - I still have to extract and drop the case off in the factory. The odds are high that I'll be back on this errand again.

I crossed the river. No sign of anyone near RUAF or construction. I looped around the outside of construction - there were odd footsteps inside - likely a player - maybe a PMC or a player Scav.  I decided to enter in via the next gap in the wall. But as I made my way there I saw two player scavs in the road just outside the bus depot. Change of plans. I hustled down to the bus in the road, leaned out and started firing. Hmm - having difficulty landing shots - and I'm still shit at tap firing, I'm trying to fire single bullet volleys but am instead spitting loads into the air.  One of my adversaries was not having the same problem - he peeked out from behind cover and his shotgun nearly tore off my arm. Heavy bleed - limb perilously close to blacking out. I jumped behind the tinfoil bus stop and esmarched just in time to save the arm. Cheesed it.  I resumed the fight, leaning left, leaning right - scampering back to the bus - but it was not going well. The two of them began to spread out - they'd soon pincer me - time to bounce.  I ran. I ran all the way to the dormitories, looped around, and started making my way back towards them.  I didn't have eyes on them, but one of them had caught sight of me  - more shotgun fire, missing fortunately. I reversed course and ran away again, putting hard cover between us.

This time I flanked quite wide, and entered the bus depot from the hole in its far side wall. Cleared the busses. After the last one, leaned out and there were the two player scavs at the edge of the entry - I switched to single fire and started firing. And firing. How is this guy not dead?  One of them moved to safety, the other backed up, trying to fight and retreat - he should be dead ten times over. Oh well. I ducked back behind the bus, reloading, and running - I ran out again, behind the bus depot and around. I caught the safe player scav from the side - he was aiming at the entry of the bus depot waiting for me to push. He wasn't expecting me here - I took him down with a blast of autofire. The shotgun player scav fired on me again - I don't know from where.  OK, I guess I won't be looting his pal. I broke off the engagement.

Should I go uphill? I might be able to camp the body from there?  I considered it, but I am really having trouble landing mid to long range shots today. I need to extract with this package -  I'll just move on.

I went around New Gas. Quiet. I killed two AI scavs near the military checkpoint. There was a third who shouted at me, but I couldn't get eyes on him, and he never fired. I entered the liquid storage area, first scanning through the opening for scavs and player scavs. This late in the raid there should be some around. I hit a stash and started to move towards ZB-011 when someone fired on me - player scav, behind cover near the closest liquid storage tank.  I dodged right and used the go-between to flank him. When I came round I saw him aiming down sight at the approach he thought I would have taken. I killed him from behind.  That's enough for today - still need to remember to extract with this package. Extracted.

Time In Raid: 32 minutes, 15 seconds
Exp: 2785
Kills: Vantuz Dryahlyy (player scav), Romchick Goblin (player scav), Vasyan Centrovoy (AI scav), Seva Chekist (AI scav), Dimon Genotip (player scav).

Ammo Used: 121, Hits: 25, Accuracy: 0.15, Damage to Body: 880, Damage to Armor: 128

Mistakes

  • aiming trouble
  • tap fire is not going well. 
  • very little loot

Successes

  • despite the weapon handling problems, the combat was neatly done. 
  • got the package and survived
  • made level 7
  • this raid was not only successful, it was a lot of fun. 

PostScript

Now to Factory. There is no sense in putting it off. If I die, then it'll be back to Customs to attempt it again. But I need to do some homework, to learn the new expansion - maybe tango with Tagilla a bit offline before cabaceoing him for real. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi