Played nothing for a long time, then Arc Raiders, then Marathon. Tarkov has moved to the 1.0 release in that time. For some reason decided to revisit. I have a gaming PC and GPU that are new, maybe it'll be fun.
Wow, things are a lot different. Can't remember the key-binds. New beginner missions are on Interchange, which is a very good sign. I've always felt Interchange and Woods were the most beginner friendly maps and Interchange is dead simple to navigate when starting out, especially if you stay outside the mall.
Have to mark some tanker trucks, one supposedly near the power station and another in the "North Territory", whatever that means. The map has changed somewhat. Mark one truck, then another. In between my ping sensor flies up to 150 - probably another player nearby. I tuck to cover, wait. Continue.
After marking the second truck I decide to go find some scavs to kill on my way to extract. Shots ring out, ping counter goes red and flies to 300. I'm hit, badly wounded, but I have the werewithal to go prone and crawl into a bush. But the low ping is just untenable. Hear footsteps, try firing in their direction, screen is jumping all over the place. Ping counter looks like it's having a seizure. Whoever is firing on me is a noob, they run up to my body. My gun is somehow empty? I reload - try aiming - but the low ping and framerate of less than 1 is making this impossible. My adversary is standing over me firing wildly. I can't get a bead on him. I fire. I die.
On the post mortem it says I fired 23 shots, which must mean I emptied my first MP5 magazine - but I don't see how that is possible - I barely tapped the fire key. Oh well, whatever. Looks like I'll be playing PVE Tarkov.
PLEASE, Nikita, if you are reading this, bring back the ability to choose individual servers, not just "North America West" zone. I'm fine with waiting longer to load into raid. If I can choose the Seattle server, then the game should be fine. But if you make me join a raid on any other - this is what happens.
Comments
Post a Comment