Skip to main content

Two Years Later - Return to Tarkov

 Played nothing for a long time, then Arc Raiders, then Marathon.  Tarkov has moved to the 1.0 release in that time.  For some reason decided to revisit.  I have a gaming PC and GPU that are new, maybe it'll be fun.


Wow, things are a lot different. Can't remember the key-binds. New beginner missions are on Interchange, which is a very good sign. I've always felt Interchange and Woods were the most beginner friendly maps and Interchange is dead simple to navigate when starting out, especially if you stay outside the mall.  

Have to mark some tanker trucks, one supposedly near the power station and another in the "North Territory", whatever that means.  The map has changed somewhat. Mark one truck, then another. In between my ping sensor flies up to 150 - probably another player nearby. I tuck to cover, wait.  Continue.  

After marking the second truck I decide to go find some scavs to kill on my way to extract. Shots ring out, ping counter goes red and flies to 300. I'm hit, badly wounded, but I have the werewithal to go prone and crawl into a bush. But the low ping is just untenable. Hear footsteps, try firing in their direction, screen is jumping all over the place. Ping counter looks like it's having a seizure.  Whoever is firing on me is a noob, they run up to my body. My gun is somehow empty? I reload - try aiming - but the low ping and framerate of less than 1 is making this impossible.  My adversary is standing over me firing wildly. I can't get a bead on him. I fire. I die.

On the post mortem it says I fired 23 shots, which must mean I emptied my first MP5 magazine - but I don't see how that is possible - I barely tapped the fire key.  Oh well, whatever.  Looks like I'll be playing PVE Tarkov.

PLEASE, Nikita, if you are reading this, bring back the ability to choose individual servers, not just "North America West" zone. I'm fine with waiting longer to load into raid. If I can choose the Seattle server, then the game should be fine. But if you make me join a raid on any other - this is what happens. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you a...

Prapor Is Unwell

 Got a message from Prapor, he's giving me a "boost" (his word, not mine). And he sent over an AK-74, an AK-101 and a god-damned Kel-Tec RFB assault rifle! This can't be no strings attached, but he didn't ask for any favors. I was sure he was going to ask me to go kill Jaeger or Putin or something. Instead, he says "everybody calls me Prapor, let's get acquainted."  Like he want us to go out to a movie or dancing?  Introducing himself _again_ plus being overly generous - something is definitely wrong with him. Dementia. He probably had a stroke.  He sent over a SKS-OP too. Something I can put a sight on. I'll take that out next.  I'll set the others aside in case he asks for them back or tries to call in a favor I can't return (e.g. dancing).

Update: Killing Time instead of Scavs

Destination Woods Goals survive kill scavs (approx 10 more to finish quest) locate convoy and usec camp (if convenient) Progress: Interminable Grind Raid 26 - Boring Loadout: VPO-206 with .366 TKM FMJ and variable dot/scope sight, extra magazines, rig, sling, ears, class 3 armor. 3001 rubles for car extract.  Water and Medkit in pouch.  Insurance: 0K (previous insurance).  Most of my recent Woods raids have been in the morning, but this one was in the early evening. Spawned near spine, which I didn't realize was an option.  Don't really have a plan for this spawn. Exfil is at Outskirts, so maybe just go to Scav house and see if I can ring up better numbers than I have so far.  Headed out, but shortly after encountered another player.  Not sure if he saw me and hid. He passed. But once I started moving again, heard him coming up again behind me.  Turned, crossed a ridge. Put some distance between us.  Tromped through woods. Lost.  Used the sun...