Skip to main content

Partisan

Boss Spawn 100%

There is an event going on where the odds of the bosses spawning on a map is now 100%.  I also landed a "Kill Sanitar 2 Times" Operational Task, so I set out to do that.

I didn't see Sanitar even once, but I had some great fights with Scavs and PMCs and possibly his nurses, so no complaints.  

While I didn't bag Sanitar, I did kill Partisan. Thought he was a scav, killed him from atop some rocks. This wipe Partisan and I have a co-dependent relationship. I kill him, he kills me.  We trade back and forth, though, honestly I don't see him very often.  Until now.  Apparently the guy can hold a grudge.

After killing Partisan I then encountered him in my next five raids.  He'd just appear out of nowhere and shoot me dead. I only had eyes on him two times, the other three he just killed me from nowhere. Awesome.

I have been avoiding the Streets map, because no frames per second. But I have a ton of quests backlogged for that map. I guess I'll be running it for no other reason than Partisan doesn't spawn there.


Streets

First raid: waited 5 minutes for Matching, got a disconnect mid-raid and that ended it.  

Second raid: waited 3 minutes for Matching, wandered around lost and confused for half the raid, stumbled into the Pinewood Hotel where I marked a vehicle, killed a PMC, and got absolutely mobbed by scavs. Died.  At the time of death I must have been getting maybe 4 frames a second. Game was nigh unplayable. 

Third raid: used the "Where am I?" feature on the Maps of https://tarkov-market.com/  to figure out where I was.  This really helped.  Wandered into the boundary sniper because I'm stupid. Died.

Fourth raid: Killed by boundary sniper. OMG How dumb am I?

Fifth raid: Got a disconnect. Was able to reconnect, except for my game was bugged out. I could reload magazines, but gun would point funny. Firing it righted it though. Couldn't pick up loot or interact with anything. Couldn't tab to gear or health, so couldn't pack magazines or consume the food I brought.  Dropped all priorities in favor of just extracting. Got cornered in a cul-de-sac with a gate I couldn't open ( because I can't interact with it ). But I lured a scav in and he opened the gate for me.  Extracted.  

Sixth raid: there will be no sixth raid. I'm done with Streets. 


I'm playing PVE - WHY do I need to wait for Matching ?  Why am I getting disconnects?  Frames?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you a...

Prapor Is Unwell

 Got a message from Prapor, he's giving me a "boost" (his word, not mine). And he sent over an AK-74, an AK-101 and a god-damned Kel-Tec RFB assault rifle! This can't be no strings attached, but he didn't ask for any favors. I was sure he was going to ask me to go kill Jaeger or Putin or something. Instead, he says "everybody calls me Prapor, let's get acquainted."  Like he want us to go out to a movie or dancing?  Introducing himself _again_ plus being overly generous - something is definitely wrong with him. Dementia. He probably had a stroke.  He sent over a SKS-OP too. Something I can put a sight on. I'll take that out next.  I'll set the others aside in case he asks for them back or tries to call in a favor I can't return (e.g. dancing).

Update: Killing Time instead of Scavs

Destination Woods Goals survive kill scavs (approx 10 more to finish quest) locate convoy and usec camp (if convenient) Progress: Interminable Grind Raid 26 - Boring Loadout: VPO-206 with .366 TKM FMJ and variable dot/scope sight, extra magazines, rig, sling, ears, class 3 armor. 3001 rubles for car extract.  Water and Medkit in pouch.  Insurance: 0K (previous insurance).  Most of my recent Woods raids have been in the morning, but this one was in the early evening. Spawned near spine, which I didn't realize was an option.  Don't really have a plan for this spawn. Exfil is at Outskirts, so maybe just go to Scav house and see if I can ring up better numbers than I have so far.  Headed out, but shortly after encountered another player.  Not sure if he saw me and hid. He passed. But once I started moving again, heard him coming up again behind me.  Turned, crossed a ridge. Put some distance between us.  Tromped through woods. Lost.  Used the sun...