Skip to main content

Two Psychos

Two Psychos

Destination: Customs.  Level 4.  PACA armor and a VPO-136.  Raid before this I had a lot of luck killing scavs in the storage shed area. It was great - no one bothers me over there, and I racked up a bunch of kills. The fights weren't ever exciting, but PACA and VPO-136.  

Spawned on the river Customs house side. Awesome! I back tracked toward the storage sheds.  A player could easily be heading in my direction this early in the raid, so I ducked down into a bush and decided to just wait and listen.  Supposedly half the players die in the first five minutes of the raid. I have no idea if that's true or not, but I'll pretend it is.

At around the three minute mark a grenade launcher began firing.  Sounded like it was on my side of the river, firing across.  A grenade would fire, small pause, and then another. Grenade, grenade, grenade, grenade, grenade. How many grenades does this guy have?

Five minutes have passed. He's still firing. Should I move? Well, I  need to practice my "covert movement", so why not do that? So I slowly crouch walked through the bushes. The grenades stopped.  I listened for scavs in the storage sheds - nothing.   Crossed the street and went up to the wall to listen closer.  Footsteps approaching, fast. Someone ran right up to the other side of the wall where I was.

"That might have been me. Might've been. I might just have used a grenade launcher to kill the whole lobby"  - he voicelined me through the wall. "I had to do it. They were dirty dirty boys. Dirty boys" - his speech paused here. This is the place in a normal conversation where I say something.  

What was there to say? I ran away, towards Crossroads. What. The. Fuck.

He didn't chase me. Didn't kill me. I went the long way round. No scavs in the storage sheds. Crossed the river, fought some scavs. Saw some bodies in the distance through my scope, but didn't approach - those aren't my kills and I'm not touching the kills of some psycho. I'm here to kill scavs and survive.

Continued on. I reached the gas station. But the raid is getting late now, and my energy is nearly gone, despite the snacks I brought and ate earlier.  I need to get off this map.  

One last stop at the stash between the railroad tracks and the dorms wall. A player scav ran up to me. I think he thinks I'm also a scav. What with the VPO, the PACA and the jaunty cap I do look rather scavish. I fired and hit. And fired again, and again and again.  Most of these shots were landing - he was stam drained. But for some reason, he wasn't dying. Then I was out of ammo - shit, forgot to reload after my last fight.  I spun, he fired and missed. I dodged through the gap in the wall as he fired again.  

Screw this, I can't afford this battle. Don't have time to flank him, and my energy is depleting. I cut into New Gas. It'll be harder to chase me through here, if that's what he decides to do. He didn't chase. Fought and killed a scav in New Gas, but that makes noise, so I needed to move on. Scanned the roofline across the road. Empty, no snipers. Scoped military checkpoint. Clear. The towers? Still clear.  

Headed across the back of the field that goes to Military Checkpoint. BAM!  A shot hit me. Sniper? I ran up the hill. BAM! BAM!  More shots. I need to heal this bleed. Crossed over the ridge and dropped prone. BAM! BAM!  Holy heck, that sniper shouldn't be able to reach me. Toggled the heal and ran further away, towards the back edge of the map. Dove into a bush. 

Healed, made my way to Military Checkpoint. Scoped it again. Clear.  Started to cross the little side road. BAM!  Hit again, another bleed, broken leg. Fuck! Tried to scramble across the road, BAM! a miss, thankfully. Dropped prone behind the rock, and fixed the bleed before my leg was blacked. Healed some more. I have no meds left.  

Scoped the Military Checkpoint again. There is no sniper there. Something caught my eye - I lifted the scope up higher - there was the Player Scav I shot earlier - standing in the middle of the air, above the road. I jerked my head back behind the rock. BAM!  A near miss.

I waited, but not too long - energy is getting dangerously low. Then I ran. Dodged between trees, jumped into a shipping container - ran again, dodged under pipes, threw myself into one of the industrial buildings. Dodged, ran, ducked my way across the map, dodging fire nearly the whole time until I finally arrived at ZB-1011.  Threw the door open and myself down the stairs and extracted.

Time In Raid: 33 minutes, 13 seconds
Exp: 2013
Kills: Garik Bugor, Damirka Elektronik, Denchik Zevs ( AI Scavs ). Godspeed gentlemen.
Body: 537, Armor: 9, Ammo: 27, Hits: 12, Accuracy: 0.33

PostScript

I have no idea if the first psycho was cheating or not, but I rather suspect he was. His comment about clearing the whole lobby makes me think he was, plus he came directly to me to brag.  I never even saw him.  And why would someone be cheating on a scav run? I guess because I made him angry. But why stop at flying? Why not aimbot me? Also, it seemed like I might have evaded him by hiding in the bushes after his first shot on me. Wouldn't he have some sort of radar or texture hack? 

None of it makes any sense. Yet, all of it is true. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi