Skip to main content

New Wipe - Great at First, Now Only Death

Tarkov wiped in June. I downloaded the update mid-July. As usual, haven't been playing it much.  This wipe I've decided to not blog every raid. Instead I'm just recording the stats into a spreadsheet.  I'll figure out later how to put that on the blog.

Summary of Wipe 12.12.30 (So Far)

Technically, this is my fifth wipe. Right off I decided I wasn't interested in grinding all those beginner quests again. Instead, I decided to just run around Customs and maybe Reserve and kill things and have fun.  Excepting a few short Woods raids to unlock Jaeger and the compass, that's what I did.

It started out great.  I killed a couple PMCs, killed Reshala and some Zavodskys, and a whole lot of scavs.  My survival rate was floating around 50%, which is par for me. I was banking rubles, approaching 2 million. And, most importantly for me, I went 17 raids in a row without dying to an AI Scav.  Things were great.

And then they weren't.  I started dying all the time, every raid.   Raid after raid of being insta-killed, not seeing my adversary. And, worse than dying to players, I started dying to AI scavs. Scavs that were crack shots, scavs that would fire on me before even finishing their voiceline, scavs that would fire one shot from an SKS but put two rounds into my torso, scavs where my shots wouldn't register as hits, scavs where my shots would register as hits, but the damage was paltry ( 16 hits, 62 damage ?? ). Scavs that would spawn into the raid next to me already shouting in my ear.  Also any and every dumb thing I did would get me killed. No mistake overlooked, no foible forgiven. Make an error: die.  Don't make an error: die. 

My rubles depleted precipitously. I dropped below 10,000 rubles. I was selling scopes I was saving just to cover insurance costs. Soon I was peddling items I'd planned for hideout improvements. Things were dire.  I started making scav runs.  

Nowadays, I'll run a scav run, praying and hoping to stumble on an unlooted PMC body from which I can get an armor set or a decent weapon. Maybe someone left his magazines unlooted?  I paw over every scav body I find, taking pretty much anything.  Then I sell what I can, pick up my least busted Saiga-9 pea shooter, and head back into Customs as a PMC, where I will inevitably die.

I've started questing too. I need the flea market badly. Need it to make any real scratch. Need it to buy a halfway decent weapon. So I'm grinding the quests, trying to double and triple quest when I can. 

It isn't all bad. I've had some great raids.  Some really great raids. They just all end in my death.

Level: 14
Raids: 78
Survived: 24
KIA: 54
Survival Rate: 30%

Damage to body: 20,337
Damage absorbed by armor: 1789
Ammo used: 1687
Hit count: 492
Fata hits: 114
Overall accuracy: 0.25

Mistakes

  • my aim seems slow and unsteady these days. Might be because I never use the same weapon on more than two consecutive raids
  • dying to other players too much. I'm mostly trying to avoid them until I reach the flea, but I've lost encounters even where by rights I should have had an advantage. 
  • what is with the scavs? I notice that as it gets later in the raid, the scavs become more difficult. That's also when they are most likely to spawn in on top of me. 
  • dying

Successes

  • Ignoring the dying, I've had some great raids.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi