Skip to main content

Annoyances - Raids 152 to 157 - Level 24

Goal: to not whine when making this post

Raid 152 - 7 minutes on Customs

I need to plant some wifi camera, but it's really just serving as a placeholder goal. My real goal is to engage in some PvP and improve my PvP playing.

Spawned behind Old Gas. This is an interesting spawn as I think there are still rogues appearing at the fortress, which means most players, likely including myself, will be avoiding that area.  I stepped aside and waited. I want to wait for the scavs to spawn and listen for gunshots and then go chase fights. 

The raid was eerily quiet, but I did hear the occasional shot coming from Crackhouse. I bet that's someone trying to snipe rogues. Just as I was about to head out, a player came over the railroad berm into the area where I'd been waiting. I held my fire - too difficult to hit a target moving across my field of fire with the Ash-12. He turned his back to me and started heading directly away. That's the shot I want. I aimed down sight, line up my shot and fired. Did that drop him? I don't see him. I started moving forward. No that didn't - he was turning around preparing to fire. I fired suppressing fire, trying to keep bushes between him and me while I closed the distance. But I messed up.  My magazine on this Ash-12 only holds 10 rounds, and I exhausted it right as we closed on each other. He fired as I circled, missing. Potato war. I reloaded, but not quickly enough.

Time In Raid: 6 minutes, 57 seconds
Exp: 70
Shots: 10.  Hits: 0
Killed by Hot_Bleach.  GG Hot_Bleach

Mistakes

  • I can't believe I missed that first shot. Maybe because the round is slow moving. 
  • poor ammo control

Success

  • none to speak of

Raid 153 - Stumbled Over

I am tired of dying on Customs. This raid I will not seek out PvP - I'm just going to try to plant that damn wifi camera and get out.  
I spawned near military checkpoint. Crossed the map very carefully, taking out sniper but otherwise avoiding everyone. I was on the hill behind dorms, looking towards my destination as well as back at dorms.  Seems clear.  I stepped down the dorms side of the hill a bit and began to make the crossing to the sniper roadbloack where the wifi camera is to be planted. There was a player walking sideway along the south wall of the map. That makes a bit of sense, because with the wall behind him, he may want to look into the map. He was also aiming down sight.  My nearest cover is not close enough. I aimed down sight and started firing. I'm not sure if I him him or not. But he hit me with two rounds of 7.62x39mm BP in the thorax and the left arm, and that was all that was needed.

Time In Raid: 16 minutes, 18 seconds
Exp: 284
Kills: Trifon Paketik (sniper). Godspeed Trifon.
Shots: 6, Hits: 2, Accuracy: 0.33, Body: 128
Killed By: 123Meng.   GG 123Meng

Raid 154 - Shoreline Loot Run

Time In Raid: 9 minutes, 57 seconds
Exp: 768

Raid 155 - Camera Placed on Customs

For this raid I used the P90.  I mostly use it single fire.  I only had one scav kill and it was awkward - the scav ran up to me and I put some rounds in his face, but he didn't drop. But a few more did the trick. I was startled but unscathed.  The rest of the raid was dead quiet - you could hear a pin drop. 

Time In Raid: 20 minutes, 17 seconds
Exp: 811
Kills: Leha Torch - Godspeed Leha
Ammo: 9, Hits: 3, Accuracy: 0.33, Body: 146

Raid 156 - The Annoying Scav

Back to Customs with the P90. Goal is to kill some things.  The previous raid was dead quiet, I wonder how this one will go.  Spawned in the industrial section. Got some loot. Got more loot. I hate looting, but I need the funds.  The raid was quiet, but as I was looting I heard the voice of some loitering scav. I decided to find him. I found him and killed him.  Well, that was fun.  Any more?

Up near the truck apron (the long strip of cement on the south edge of the industrial section, inside the wall) there was a scav. I moved up to kill him, but couldn't get an angle. It's too dangerous to approach him directly down the apron, so I crossed through the gap in the wall to the military checkpoint side, made sure no sniper was up, and then went down to the next hole in the wall. The scav I wanted was waiting at that hole - the second I peeked through the road block he fired on me - but I ducked back fast. Holy heck, that was close. Another scav shouted from behind - a sniper had just spawned on the checkpoint tower. I scrambled and killed the sniper.  I peeked the annoying scav again, but he was ready - and I ducked again just narrowly avoiding his fire.  Shit.

Fine. I went back to the first hole in the wall, scooted across the road, the scav shouted and fired a blast of autofire. Wow - I thought he had a VPO or something, must be an AKM. But I wasn't harmed, so I circled the tank - I circled the green screen building, and then entered it from the far side. As I came to the south entrance of the green screen building I heard the annoying scav reload a magazine. Perfect - now I know exactly where he is. I stepped out of the door, swung wide on him, and put my laser right on his face. I fired four times quickly, the first and third shots were solid - right on his face. But it didn't phase him at all. He just sat there - he didn't move at all. But he did return fire - opening up with a blast of autofire. But apparently his ammo was weaker than my shitty armor. This fight wasn't going well, but I didn't panic. Instead I lined up my laser directly on his face - on the bridge of his shitty black sunglasses and fired. And, once again, it made no difference. And I died.

And on the post-mortem I saw that I was killed by a PMC, not a scav.  The first blast of autofire was the PMC killing the scav, not the scav firing on me as I crossed the road. If I were better at picking out and tracking the weapon sounds I would have known that.

Time In Raid: 13 minutes, 38 seconds
Exp: 608
Kills: Fedosey Myshyak, Vanya Bratan
Ammo: 49, Hit: 12, Accuracy: 0.24, Armor: 222, Body: 403
Killed By: Skidazzle.  GG Skidazzle

Mistakes

  • playing escape from tarkov
  • I really wish I had a video of this fight. 
  • not using autofire? (I used it on the first scav, but turned it to single fire after)
  • need to be better at picking out different weapon sounds
  • what is up with that fight? He didn't move a muscle and I was dropping rounds into his head. I'm guessing from the post mortem that my shots were registering elsewhere - on his armored thorax. And that ammo is weak.  But so is this damn game.  I don't mind dying, I don't mind dying a lot. But some deaths hurt more than others, and this one eats at me. 
  • supposedly there is some update to the game that fixes player movement so it's less janky, and also introduces some network interpolation. I'm guessing the theory is that a slow network connection should not be an abusable advantage. Maybe. We'll see. 

Successes

  • relaxed and moved around fearlessly.

Raid 157 - Peacekeeper Quest Shoreline

Boring raid to try to level up Peacekeeper on Shoreline. Saw two dead scavs, so someone must have been on the map with me, but no sign of life otherwise.

Time in Raid: 33 minutes, 33 seconds
Exp: 1233  ( for what exactly? being bored?)
Kills: Baha Sheva (sniper).  Godspeed Baha.
Ammo: 5, Hits: 3, Accuracy: 0.4, Body: 234

PostScript- More Annoyances

The recent changes to the flea fees have made looting a lot less profitable, which is annoying. And, as a result, a lot of things just aren't worth selling on the flea and they are sold to the traders instead. As a result of that, a lot of things just aren't available on the flea anymore.  After raid 156, I bought another P90 and wanted to kit it out quickly and return. But the top rail is not available on the flea - no one is selling it and I don't have the Level 3 traders to get it.  So the weapon is useless to me.

Fine. I bought an Ash-12, paying too much for it since their price is still inflated for some reason. But there are no mags for sale at any price.  Great.  So my evening of raids ended early for want of a weapon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi