Skip to main content

Quadruple Questing - Raids 133 and 134 - Level 22

Raid 133 - Boring

I have four quests I am undertaking simultaneously:

  • Punisher 4
  • Colleagues Part 1
  • Anesthesia
  • Healthcare Privacy Part 1
I placed 5 of the six markers last raid, but still need to place one more, identify the three bodies and survive to finish.  I did all that this raid but didn't see a single player.  So I completed three of those quests, but made no progress on Punisher 4.  

The only remarkable event was that as I descended from the resort towards power I saw two snipers on the roof of power. I had forgotten to bring my rangefinder, but I estimated it must be about 200 meters.  I adjusted the scope and fired. And missed. But I must have scared the sniper, because he got down on his stomach where I couldn't see him anymore.  So then I tried the same with the second sniper, and missed again. And he also climbed onto his stomach for safety.  Oh well. I must have misestimated the range. I moved on.  On the post mortem screen I saw that I had managed to kill BOTH of them (range 215 meters).  I had forgotten just how slow the Ash-12 round flies.  

Time In Raid: 37 minutes, 49 seconds
Exp: 1294
Ammo: 15, Hits: 6, Accuracy: 0.27, Body: 498
Kills: Lag Siska, Pisya RVSN, Borya Drobash, Guram Mozg.  Godspeed gentlemen.

Raid 134 - Also Boring

Once again I am pursuing four quests simultaneously:
  • Punisher 4
  • Healthcare Privacy Part 2
  • Rigged Game
  • Colleagues Part 2
I didn't see anyone the whole raid, but the cottage rear door was open and I ran across a couple of scav bodies, so someone must have been there with me.  It got dark right as I finished my last stop at the pier, and the boat extract was closed, so I had to move on to the railroad extract.  I stumbled across two different pairs of scavs in the dark, and both pairs seemed rather determined to hunt me down, but I evaded them. It was too difficult to conduct a fight against multiple scavs in the dark and me only having a flashlight.

Time In Raid: 46 minutes, 1 second
Exp: 2128
Shots: 13, Hits: 6, Accuracy: 0.31, Body: 499
Kills: Gena Vezunchik, Vasyan Spartak, Prov Neznayka

Postscript

I'm happy to have completed 6 different quests in just a couple raids.  And though I didn't have the key, I probably should have checked the blue tape key room - it might have been unlocked by whomever I was sharing the map.  That would have given me another quest.
Also, surviving raids and walking out with a bunch of loot is great too.
But I can't help complaining a tiny bit. I'm not a huge fan of Shoreline. The reason I'm here is to get PMC kills for Punisher 4. But if there is no one, then there is no progress.  And the reason I'm pursuing the Punisher quest line is twofold: to get a container epsilon (a big step up from my little four slot alpha) and to force myself to engage in PvP - to become a better player.  But if I really want PvP, then instead of wasting time on Shoreline perhaps I should just main Customs.  Hmmm.

Post Postscript

With two big breaks, I've been running Punisher 4 since Raid 108.  Since then I've done four pistol loot runs (which don't really count), and seven raids where I encountered nobody at all, and four raids where I actually encountered other players (and I secured two kills those raids). So, ignoring the loot runs, that's one kill every 5 raids, and the majority of the raids are empty.  I need 7 more kills. At the current rate that'll take another 35 raids, which is probably two months real world time for me.  

Lighthouse and Customs and Reserve seem a lot more fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi