Skip to main content

Success on Customs - Raids 33 and 34 - Level 13

Quest-wise, I'm stuck at the moment. I need a couple of loose meds to trade for the 205 key from Therapist so I can run Operation Aquarius.  I need a broken HD so I can trade for a handguard with rails to finish my Gunsmith 1 quest.  So, it's off shopping I go.

Raid 33 - Success

I'll skip the blow-by-blow. I took my AK-105 to Customs and fought a bunch of scavs. Extracted successfully with OK loot, but neither of the items that I need.

Time In Raid: 22:32
Exp: 2653
Shots fired: 74, Hits: 17, Accuracy: 0.16, Damage to body: 580, Damage to armor: 7
Kills (AI Scavs, probably one player scav): Maks Gruzchik, Tolyan Sheva, Gosha Moloko, Petka Chiter, Maksim Konfliktnyy.  Godspeed gentlemen. Sorry to ruin your milk and money run Petka.

Remarks

  • many of the scavs seem to be much more difficult than normal. Usually when online it seems the vast majority of scavs are "Easy" or "Medium". But these days the majority seem "Hard" or "Impossible".  You have to treat them very seriously or you'll end up dead.  
  • The shot on Gosha was sweet. I leaned out through a gap in the fence and saw him heading away from me, crossing slightly. I carefully aimed, lead him, and dropped him. 86 meter headshot. Not record setting, but a difficult shot.

Raid 34 - Looting Troubles 

Back to Customs! I brought food and drink with me as I need hydration and energy after my last raid. I sat in a bush and ate my snack, listening to the scavs kill the hapless PMCs who were trying to rush around in the first minutes of the game.   I looted, went to RUAF, killed a couple scavs, and got more loot.  Checked out crackhouse, got some good loot but only one loose meds (I need two).  Crossed the map via Old Gas. It was mostly quiet - I heard some heavy action up at dorms at some point, but that was it.

I was completely full of loot, much of it very important hideout supplies. Neither Old Gas nor ZB-1012 were open.  After checking ZB-1012 I began walking up the grassy way between the wall and the building.  Someone is inside the building. I moved closer to the front entrance, using the building footing as cover and aimed down sight looking at the door.  A fully kitted PMC walked out the door, turned around and ducked back into the building.  Oh fuck. Does he see me?  A moment later he stepped out of the door again - I was still aiming down sight. I gingerly aimed and let off a short burst.  He folded. Damn.  

Does he have friends?  The kitted guys always have friends.  I waited. No friends, seemingly. I turned on my flashlight and pushed past him into the building.  Clear.  His body is in an awkward place - I can't loot him from cover - I need to go out the front door to reach him where I am very exposed.   An AI Scav ran by in the adjacent lot, but not heading this way.  I stepped out and started looting my kill.  I could see from the outline he had a Desert Tech MDR.  A .308!! No way!! I examined it quickly and took it. His armor was that blue UN stuff. What's up with that? I started searching his rig. Why is this taking so long? The rig had a ton of slots, but each slot was taking forever. I've never seen it so slow.  Footsteps.  I tabbed out. Sound of a toolbox being looted. Probably a player scav inside the building. I stepped away from the body and took cover. If this guy sees the body, then this should be easy - he'll jump on it and I'll kill him.  But the footsteps clomped around and then seemed to disappear. I checked the side of the building - I don't want him doing to me what I just did to MrGary_Cookies.  But it was clear.  

I went back to resume looting. I can't take the rig before I examine the rig itself. It's just spinning. What is going on?  Footsteps. I tabbed out. Is this the same guy, where is he?  I tried to remember the layout of this building - two upstairs areas, right? Footsteps on the loading dock.  I went round - no one. Where is that AI Scav? I can't forget about him.  I waited. 

My kill not only has the MDR which I've taken, but a sweet looking M4.  I need to dump my AK-105 and take his M4 , but I don't want his armor, but I do want his rig, but my rig is armored.  A puzzle. I went back to the body and tried to examine that rig for the third time. Slow footsteps - someone trying to be quiet. Fuck this.  I have the MDR, I have my great loot. That's enough. I left.

Time In Raid: 28 minutes, 25 seconds
Exp: 3368
Shots Fired: 37, His: 7, Accuracy: 0.16, Damage to Body: 224, Damage to Armor: 36
Kills: Batyr Piton (Scav), Vitek Superspecnaz (Scav), Kisa Chernyy (Sniper), and MrGary_Cookies (Level 16 BEAR). Good luck on your next raid MrGary_Cookies

Mistakes

  • That wasn't a .308 MDR, it was the 5.56 variant.  Though, I'm happy to have it.
  • Should have grabbed the M4
  • Should have discarded my stuff, examined his rig and taken it.
  • I felt a bit of regret later about killing MrGary_Cookies.  That wasn't a fight at all, more like an incompetent mugging. 

Successes

  • Good combat against the scavs - used cover and maneuvering well. Came away unscathed
  • Nice fire control on MrGary_Cookies - I didn't excitedly fire when I first saw him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I