Skip to main content

Nothing Crazy - Raids 40-42 - Level 14

I am keen to get to Levels 14 and 15.  At Level 14 I'll unlock Peacekeeper 2 which means I'll have access to the canted sights, which I like just because they are easier to use on my keyboard than a variable scope.  Level 15, of course, unlocks the flea market, which will mean I don't have to fill my stash with both quest and hideout items. I can focus on the former.

Raid 40 - Shoreline Loot Run

I have an operational task on Shoreline and it pays good XP.  So Shoreline.  I did a cache run. One of the first caches I hit had a GPU. I almost didn't take it, for fear of having some flying radar driven adversary making a beeline to me. But I took it.  Last cache had a new Class 5 Ghzel.  Didn't see a soul.

Time In Raid: 32 minutes, 20 seconds
Exp: 1387
Kills (sniper scavs): Rodion Dzheyk and Lev Hlyst.  Godspeed gentlemen.
Ammo Used: 4, Hits: 2 Accuracy: 0.5. Damage to Body: 70

Raid 41 - The Jaunt

I need a bunch of quest items. Loose meds being high on the list. Off to Customs.  

Loadout: "Tetanus" my modded AKM. My new Class 5 Ghzel. My jaunty hat and moustache. 



I spawned not far from the military checkpoint. Crossed into the industrial section. Took down a scav with the silenced AKM.  So far, so good.  I headed towards the north corner, where ZB-1011 is.  There was the sound of a zipper bag coming from the direction of ZB-1011.  There is not gym bag over there, is there?  I approached carefully. There were other sounds - someone toggling a light or laser. Is someone inside ZB-1011? Something about the noises was really confusing. I looked up into the sky, looked around. Looked over at the building with the collapsed roof - there was a PMC at the corner, observing me. I brought up my weapon, which was the wrong move. 

Time In Raid: 8 minutes, 3 seconds
Exp: 445
Ammo used: 10, Hits: 3, Accuracy: 0.3, Damage to body: 122, Damage to Armor: 5
Kills: Mikola Dvuhsotyy (AI Scav).  Godspeed Mikola
Killed By: lootgoblinnuts  GG lootgoblinnuts

Mistakes

  • The second I saw that PMC I should have ran for cover. Probably still would have died, but staying put and trying to shoot at him when he's already looking my way is a big mistake. One I keep making over and over.
  • what was up with the zipper and the other sounds?  
  • didn't get to use the Ghzel. Easy come, easy go. 

Successes

  • looked good

Raid 42 - Gaining Inertia

Destination: Customs
Loadout: AK-105, busted Class 4 armored rig, ears, meds, usual.

I again spawned in close to the military checkpoint. Looted the area and made my way into the industrial section where I looted more. Just behind the buildings where the Old Gas underpass is I spotted a PMC. I knelt, aimed down sight and began firing on him. He spun and started firing. This is not good - I don't have cover. I put his head under the reticle of the scope, snapped off the shot and then got up and ran across his field of fire, hoping to use the hill as cover.  The hill was not good cover, but it didn't matter, because I had killed him with that last shot.  Yes!!  He made the mistake that got me killed last raid.  

My victim was -Haku- a level 43 USEC.  He had a Korund Class 5 armor (!!) and nice 5.56 silence MDR with a Vudu scope.  I grabbed those plus some of his loot. Awesome.  I was excited to get these trophies and now I just wanted to get out of the raid.  Head to RUAF via Old Gas?  I stepped into Old Gas.  Two scavs shouted and started firing. I quickly took cover behind the van. Where are they?  I could hear them, but couldn't see them. Also I was moving poorly. Is this inertia? Am I overweight?  One of the scavs began to circle, to pincer. Shit. I'm going to get myself killed. I ran zig zagging back under the underpass to cover. Everything feels wrong. The scope, the weapon, the movement.  I forgot to eat and drink between raids and my energy is low. I drank some juice and soda, ditched my AK-105 and its magazines in a bush, and headed out again. I used the dumpster to jump the wall to the main road and headed out that way.  Scavs I couldn't see started firing on me from New Gas and I didn't try to engage. I ran.  

I ditched a heavy wrench near the Bus Depot. I fiddled with the scope and practiced aiming down sight.  Someone ran up, but it was just some unlucky player scav. With some effort, I killed him. I proceeded to RUAF - there were two scavs there, but I evaded them and extracted.

Time In Raid: 26 minutes, 53 seconds
Exp: 2854
Ammo Used: 29, Hits: 2 Accuracy: 0.07, Damage to body: 64
Kills: -Haku- (Level 43 USEC) and Push Sportsmen (player scav).  GG gentlemen. Thanks for the gear -Haku-, I will try to make you proud. 

Mistakes

  • what was going on with the movement and aiming?  I went offline and practiced with that MDR afterwards, wearing the Korund,  and it was fine. 

Successes

  • conduct of combat against PMC was pretty good, including the needlessly seeking cover.
  • survived
  • made level 14
  • avoided three pairs of scavs. Normally, I'd consider this a mistake, but under the circumstances I don't.

PostScript

I made level 14, but can't put a canted sight on the MDR because of where the shells eject. If you cant the weapon, you'll be shooting yourself in the face with the used shells.  I have two of these 5.56 MDRs right now and every intention of using them, the canted sights can wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi