Skip to main content

Bleeding Out - Raid 32 - Level 12

Once I reach the flea market I usually carry a CMS and an AFAK in my little four slot alpha secure container, which leaves one slot open for a key typically.  But as I'm a low level who can't buy a CMS or an AFAK, it's more varied, some combination of peas, cheese, keys.

Raid 32 - Nicked

Destination: Customs

Loadout: "Tetanus", my silenced AKMSN with PSO scope, some class 3 armor, ears, meds, backpack, magazines of PS ammo.  

I don't have a specific goal here, just a long shopping list.  I spawned in the far corner of the map at Trailer Park.  Made my way to the Customs house and snuck into its back yard.  A scav was talking around the corner, in front of the house. I peered around, made sure the coast was clear, then stepped up to the corner and began scoping the area, looking for the scav.  A different scav shouted, somewhere to my right, behind me. I scrambled, he fired, the first scav came running. I do not know where that scav who is firing on me is, and I don't have cover from his direction - I zig zagged and fled to the hole in the fence, getting through it just as the second scav arrived and started firing too.  Wow! That was stressful.  I was tempted to creep back to the hole in the fence and see if I could pick them off, but that seems like a good way to get my head removed from my shoulders.  I went round the long way.  

On the other side of the customs house it was all quiet and I couldn't see anyone.  Do I really need a fight with these scavs? There's not great loot here and I don't want to get third partied early in the raid. So I moved on.  

I crossed the river by the main bridge. There was some action somewhere in front of me, maybe in the construction area.  I scoped the far side of the river, no sign of anyone.  Just as I reached the far side of the bridge, I began to receive fire. I quickly dropped down into the river valley. I followed the valley towards RUAF. I was tempted to jump out of the valley early, but given my experiences with the scavs lately, decided it would be best to come out with cover. So I went all the way below to RUAF so I could pop up behind the vehicle there. Turns out this was a wise choice. There were three scavs up there, one spotted me before I spotted him and shouted the alarm - another began to move on my position. I tried fighting them, but it was too much - coming out of cover was just too dangerous. They nicked me, and I healed and bandaged the bleed.

I dropped back into the river valley and ran over to the middle set of pipes. This peeled two of the scavs off, and then I was able to fight them, dodging left and right under the pipes.  I killed them.  Then returned to the vehicle and killed the scav there. Then a fourth scav came around the buildings and I chased him around. I swear I put shots right into his head, but he didn't drop. Ultimately, I killed him, but not before he nicked me, blacking my arm and giving me another light bleed.  The Scav AI is cracking these days! These scavs didn't wait around, they fired quick, they fired well. It was a fun fight.

But now I had a problem. That last scav had given me a bleed. From looting the scav bodies and my own meds I now had two painkillers, three esmarchs, two cheese, and a pile of meds. But no bandage. I went to crackhouse, searching it up and down. Nothing. I checked my extracts. Old Gas, maybe? There's a med bag behind it. But the med bag only had a hemostat, and the extract was closed. I'm going to die. I threw "Tetanus" into a bush, evaded a scav, and made my way towards ZB-1011 in the far corner. I used the cheese to prolong my life slightly, but it was not enough.  I died long before I reached it. 

Time In Raid: 30 minutes, 41 seconds
Exp: 1485
Kills: Mark Gus, Senya Chelovek, Denis Vorobyaninov, Vovchik Rodnenkiy.  Godspeed gentlemen!
Killed By: Vovchik Rodnenkiy

Mistakes

  • forgot to screenshot my stats screen. 
  • did not survive
  • despite prevailing in combat, I died for want of a bandage
  • this is the second raid in a row where I've died this way.

Successes

  • ducking to cover is being done well
  • prevailed in the fire fights

PostScript

All stories come in threes, right? Yesterday I died in Woods because I didn't have a bandage. Today I died on Customs because I didn't have a bandage.  Afterwards, I ran a scav raid on Reserve. Some ass wipe shot me, giving me two (!) bleeds and Fence had only given me a slice of cheese.  I scoured White Bishop top to bottom and found three (!) hemostats, plus some other meds, but not a single bandage, army bandage, car kit, IFAK, AFAK, Grizzly, or Salewa.  I bled out a third time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi