Skip to main content

A Good Raid - Raid 2 - Level 3

Destination: Customs
Goal: Kill 3 more scavs for Debut quest, find Salewas.
Progress: Rocking

Raid 2

Loadout: AK-74M lightly modded with PSO scope, ears, meds, backpack, class 4 armored rig.

Spawned across road in front of the customs house.  Entered a bush and switched the weapon to autofire, ranged the scope, changed the reticle color, and turned on the aiming laser.  Ok - now I'm ready.  If I move right off spawn I'm more likely to encounter other PMCs, and they are not a priority right now - I want scav kills. Of course, if I wait too long, all the scavs might be killed so there is a balance. I decided to wait just three minutes.  After a short sit I crept out of the bushes and prepared to stand and head out.  There was blue helmeted PMC crouch walking on the other side of the road. I was slightly behind him.  I aimed down sight through the scope - he must have heard that because he immediately froze.  Which was very nice of him. It made for an easy shot for me and a learning opportunity for him.  

After the noise I didn't want to rush to the body - there might be more. So I re-entered my bush and slow walked to its far end, hoping to build up my "stealth" skill. When I reached the body I discovered it was a level 2 player like myself. I took the loot that he had gathered but left him his things.  Decided to check out the customs yard before proceeding - might be an easy scav kill there. As I turned a scav shouted and started firing.  But not firing on me.  There was a hatchet runner crouched behind a car in the road - the scav was firing on him. The hatchet runner was trying to decide how best to rush the scav when I started firing on him (the hatchet runner). He confused my shots for the scavs and took better cover behind the car, bringing himself closer to me. I killed him.   Then I moved quickly cover to cover and took out the scav.

Wow - this is turning into some raid. I haven't even crossed the river and I've killed two PMC and a scav.  And my bag is nearly full of not great loot. Bonus!

Customs yard, once I finally got there, was empty. I started to cross the river by the main span, but hadn't got far when  THWACK, THWACK, THWACK - someone was firing on me with a suppressed weapon. I don't know where they are shooting from, and I'm not going to try to figure it out. I ran down to the junk bridge on the smuggler side and crossed the river. I stopped in some bushes, gasping for air.  The sniper will have seen the route I took, so he'll be looking for me to come up somewhere on this sniper roadblock road.  But I have a big brain play in my pocket. Instead, I quieted down and slowly crept underneath the bridge to the other side.  It's exposed over there, but not likely exposed to the sniper.

Keeping low I crossed over, and made my way to the RUAF roadblock area. I wanted to come here to seek scav kills, and that worked out. I heard scavs chatting, so I moved quickly and killed two of them. Looted the Unknown Key from the body there.  After touching all the butts, moved into the construction area where I killed another scav.  

As I was repacking magazines, my timer turned red - 10 minutes left.  I'm not even halfway across map yet, I need to pick up the pace. So I started moving quicker. I heard a scav firing at New Gas, but didn't see him. I carefully scanned the military checkpoint and there was no one there, but the minute I started moving I started to catch fire from some unseen scav. Where is he?  I didn't wait to figure it out - entered the industrial area.  As I headed to ZB-1011 I shot another scav who ran away from me, running along a building. I killed him as he fled at 91 meters - it was a nice shot.

Extracted.

Time In Raid: 31 minutes, 3 seconds
Exp: 4228   (a great start to this new wipe)
Kills: BenGrimm (Level 2 USEC), Windywinnie (Level 7 BEAR) and several AI Scavs: Kolya Baton, Rostislav Banschik, Yustin Rozha, Aleksandr Pentium, Yarik Bubelbush. Godspeed gentelemen and good game! Good luck on your next raid!

Mistakes

  • after the raid I realized I had picked up an MP5 and it wasn't found in raid. BenGrimm - I'm very sorry - I think I accidentally looted your weapon.  

Successes

  • much better (than I normally am) at checking bodies, especially scav kills. I got two half-masks (which I'll need for one of the Punisher quests).  I encountered several shotguns, but never a MP-133 which I need for the quest.
  • survived.  
  • achieved level 3
  • last wipe I died my first four raids and was barely pulling a hundred XP per raid. But this wipe after only two raids I've pulled in 1500 XP and 4000 XP.  Wow!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi