Skip to main content

Triple Questing on Shoreline - Raid 102 - Level 20

The Punisher questline stretches out ahead of me. At its culmination awaits an epsilon secure container, with 8 slots. Twice the size of my little alpha container.  I wonder if I can make it before the next wipe.

In addition to Punisher Quest 1 (kill 15 scavs on Shoreline with an AKM), I have two other quests on Shoreline: Healthcare Privacy Part 2 (grab something from room 306 in the resort) and Signal Part 1 (visit the two satellite dishes).   I probably won't be able to find, much less kill, 15 scavs in a single raid, but if I'm lucky I can maybe get the other two done.

Raid 102 - Two Quests Completed - Level 20

Loadout: Level 5 armor and modded and suppressed AKM, loaded with HP and US gzh.  Ears, meds, food and drink.

The recoil on the AKM is really high. Even with mods I can't get it to be manageable for me. However, the US gzh ammo drops the recoil by a whopping 30%.  It's amazing. The AKM becomes a different animal with that ammo. Supposedly it's quieter too, though to me I can't tell the difference shooting suppressed PS, HP or US. They sound the same when firing.  So I have HP, the fastest ammo, for long range shots on scavs, and US for anything close.  

I spawned in the swamp.  I've never been to this part of the map before. I really have not played shoreline much.  I made my way north, approaching the wall, and then started cutting over toward the resort.  There are a couple of scav hot spots on this route, and I was hoping to encounter them, but it was quiet.  At the military river crossing with the tank, I encountered a bunch of scavs.  I easily took down the scavs near the bunker, but got tagged twice by a scav I couldn't see. Eventually I realized there were two sniper scavs on top of the rock above the tank. I didn't know they could spawn up there.  Killed them too.   I healed, repaired the arm they had blacked, and packed magazines.  

While I conducted the fight outside the resort, I heard combat from inside.  That's where I'm going next. I very carefully entered the resort through the hole on the west side.  There was a PMC body on the landing of the stairs on the second floor. I didn't loot him, but he looked like some poor schlub who was simply trying to get to the radar dish on the roof. You know, like me.  I hastened to the roof and listened. No one pursuing. I closed the door on the roof and got the radar dish. Then I sat down and ate some lunch.  

If whoever killed that schlub was still in the building and heard me, they'd know I'm on this quest and they'd wait for me to come back down those stairs. But I'd been thinking about this. I also need to get to room 306. So I took the fire escape down, entered the central stairs and re-ascended to the third floor. Unlocked 306, entered, closed the door, got my package, got some loot, and then out again.  Went all the way to the basement and cut back to where I started via the swimming pool.  Maybe this wasn't the smartest way of leaving the resort, but I like how the hole in the wall is right next to an exit of the grounds.  

I was surprised that I hadn't heard the sound of any scavs or combat the entire time I was in the resort building.  Quiet like a tomb.  Similarly, I looked for signs of activity at the bus station, but there was none. I carefully crossed the map to the radar station. Quiet there. No bodies that I could see.  But now this raid has run on late and I have real world constraints. I'd love to look around and loot and maybe hunt more scavs, but I'm the clock. I picked up the next radar dish and left. Made my way to the Road to Customs extract (no scavs there either) and extracted.

Time In Raid: 40 minutes, 22 seconds
Exp: 1741
Ammo Used: 55, Hits: 10, Accuracy: 0.16, Damage to Body: 524
Kills (AI Scavs): Vladik Syavka, Yasha Modeler, Hristofor Mayonez, Faddey Maloy.  Godspeed gentlemen.

Mistakes

  • probably should have looted more. The scav bodies, maybe the body of the PMC. I need those lower half masks, so I definitely should have checked the scav bodies.

Successes

  • Completed two quests in one raid.
  • Survived
  • Killed 4 scavs, which is a good start to Punisher Part 1. 

PostScript

I didn't like the HP ammo much. It also has an accuracy de-buff, so I may just go back to regular PS.  But I like the US gzh ammo a lot, even if it's slow and has a big drop-off.  It's price fluctuates a lot though on the flea market. So I may need to figure out how to procure it.

Shoreline is a big big map that I do not know well. And raids there take a lot of real-world time to conduct. This leaves me less time to kit out, buy/sell, warm-up, etc.  Hrmm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi