Skip to main content

Triple Questing Again - Raid 103 - Level 21

Last raid I completed Signal Part 1.  I've been collecting all the items needed for Signal Part 2 since my very first raid this wipe. So today I'm pursuing three quests. Signal Part 3 (jam the radio/radar towers), Courtesy Visit (hit up three houses in sunken village) and, most importantly, Punisher Part 1 (kill 15 scavs, I have 11 to go).

Raid 103 - Snoreline 

Loadout: AKM with US gzh ammo and PS gzh for long range, Class 5 armor, food and drink, ears, meds, jammers.

I spawned into the sunken village. Excellent!  I hit up the three houses (Quest Complete) and from those and one stash filled my bag with loot. I crossed the map towards the resort. Heard exactly one gunshot, unsuppressed rifle fire, from somewhere far ahead, but didn't see anyone.  Cover to cover, concealment to concealment I made my way there. I was disappointed that there were no scavs at the truck or the rocks.  

I arrived at the resort, just outside the hole in the fence and settled into a bush. Checked the windows, but I can't see into them at this time of day. Just as I was about to head in a grenade exploded in the building close by, shattering glass. Someone was running heading towards me.  Fuck! It's probably some radar cheater who is going to run straight up and gun me down in this bush. Where is there hard cover? There's a tree behind me, I started to back around but slowly. The player ran right by me, and headed down the hill. I held my fire. I remembered the last time I tried firing on a target running across my field of view - all I did then was announce my presence, it's so hard to hit someone running perpendicularly. I don't know if it was fire control or not having hard cover or panic or confusion - but I held my fire.  He moved on. I stayed hidden. 

I counted forty and then continued. Jammed the radar on the roof. Continued towards the radar tower. There was a lone sniper scav atop the power station. I tried firing on him but couldn't land shots. Then I remembered I was loaded with US gzh, which drops precipitously. So I repositioned, switched to PS and took him down. There were no scavs at the radar tower, which surprised me. I continued, which was a mistake - there's a safe in there and now between dropping jammers and eating and drinking I had backpack space again.  Oh well.

I jammed the last radio tower and extracted. No sign of anyone else. The whole raid I saw only the player who ran by me and one scav.  Didn't hear any other signs of combat on the map, nor bait shots from scavs.  

Time In Raid: 31 minutes, 53 seconds
Exp: 712
Ammo Used: 18, Hit: 5, Accuracy: 0.22, Damage to Body: 254
Kills: Fyodor Krezibamp (AI Scav).  Hey Fyodor, where were all your buddies?  Did they have trouble getting to work today because of that internet outage in Russia earlier?

Mistakes

  • not looting safe
  • should have swung by the other power tower that might trigger scav spawns (I have a theory)
  • should have swung by the military river crossing near rock passage, may have been scavs there
  • when I had the opportunity, did not check to see if Rock Passage was open. Even though I had no intent on using it, I should get in the habit of checking.
  • almost no progress on Punisher  Part 1, and it's my most important quest right now
  • thinking the player was cheating and rushing me, but he clearly was just minding his own business. Good luck, friend!

Successes

  • survived
  • completed two more side quests
  • holding fire on that player was probably the right call. If I'd seen him sooner and/or had hard cover then I might (or should) have fired on him. But as it is, I think it was the right call

PostScript

What with the last raid (Signal 1 and Healthcare Privacy 2), plus Signal 2 and Signal 3 and Courtesy Visit and some "Memory" Mechanic quest I got enough XP to make Level 21.  Awesome. Six quests in the span of two raids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I