Skip to main content

Losing Fights - Raids 73-75 - Level 17

Raid 73 -  Dead Before I Saw Him #1

Destination: Reserve
Goal: Kill 2 raiders and survive
Loadout: Vityaz, No Armor

Spawned in parking lot next to the trains. Made my way to King. The raid is quiet - King seemingly untrespassed. I entered the bunker, flashlight on.  Searched high and low for raiders. Nothing. Killed a single scav. Flipped D-2 switch. No sound of activity. Searched everywhere. No one spawning. Looted. On my way out, as I approached D-2 I heard footsteps running, approaching up the ramp from King. I turned off my light took cover and leaned out. Someone sprinted past. I fired my weapon - which was dumb. I missed, of course, but now my adversary knew I was here. 

Suddenly two grenades - I jumped to cover. A third grenade. Moved again. Nice work, so far.   Don't wait for him to come to me - I need to push. I turned on my light, aimed down sight and leaned left (ugh, left lean) and began to approach around the corner.  A blast of autofire and I was dead, never having seen my opponent.

Time In Raid: 8 minutes, 12 seconds
Exp: 388
Killed By: TWITCHWMD with 9mm AP 6.3   Good game, TWITCHWMD. Please don't take my SMG - you have a nice one and don't need another.
Kills: Vasya Revolver (scav)
Ammo Used: 22, Hit 2, Accuracy: 0.09, Damage to Body: 89

Mistakes

  • thinking that some way this time will be different from every other time.
  • I should not have pushed right then. I should have moved back across the hall where I could get a rightward lean, at minimum.  Most likely to do it right I'd need to pre-pain and do a bunch of fancy stuff I don't know how to do.
  • should not have fired on him in the first place.
  • died

Successes


Raid 74 - Dead Before I Saw Him #2 


I read that the raiders on Reserve have been nerfed. I'm tired of dying to players when all I want is to kill some raiders.  So it's to Customs.  I have three quests on Customs, two of which require going to Dorms. So why don't I try that?

Loadout: ADAR and PACA.   (Meds, ears, etc.)    I like this ADAR, it's really handsome. Excepting the Monstrum scope, all the parts were found in raid, including the silencer and the handguard. It looks handsome and it's fun to use. Let's give it a whirl.

Spawned on the wall that separates Dorms from the railroad. This is one of the closest spawns to Dorms, and with the loot table changes maybe folk won't be sprinting to the marked room. Maybe I can get in and out before anyone ventures there.  So I ran.

I arrived at the far side of three story dorms, walking towards the road facing stairs from the back.  As I went along, I heard someone moving inside. Hmmm - they are probably third floor right?    I went up the stairs and opened the door and stepped away. No one fired. I walked up and peeked into the hallway. BRRRRRR - and I was dead to a KRISS .45 Vector. Never saw my assailant - I have no idea where he was.

Time In Raid: 1 minute, 56 seconds
Exp: 0
Killed By: RaidFastEatAss3 - GG Mr. RaidFastEatAss3.  Umm, why "3" ?

Mistakes

  • Walking up to that doorway. Maybe I should have thrown in a grenade (maybe I should have brought a grenade).  Perhaps I should have thrown in a hypothetical grenade and then sprinted to the front of the building and then up the stairs.  Except for not knowing where this guy is that's a great plan. 
  • Most likely I should have just pushed off and sat in a bush waiting for something else to happen (like an opportunity to third party something, or for him to leave).
  • Died

Successes

  • Raid was short

Raid 75 - Well Hello


I decided to try another run at this "triple quest" on Customs. My little alpha container is full of four keys, because that's how many I need to do these quests.  

Loadout: Another ADAR, not quite as nice as the last one.  

Spawned at trailer park, far corner.  Most PMC die in the first 5 minutes of the raid, so I'm going to beat that statistic by resting in a bush for a bit, and then heading out.  So I did that. Which is why I blog and don't stream my raids.

After about three minutes I headed out. First stop: Customs office. Killed a scav with a nice single headshot in the Customs yard. Went up to the director's office and got the package that Mechanic wants. Nice. Crossed the river using the main bridge span (more cover), and then approached dorms again.  The raid had been pretty quiet until I started getting close to dorms - then a big firefight broke out.  Should I try to third party? 

One does not have to be a close reader of my blog to know that PvP is a struggle for me. And these last not-a-few losses were weighing heavily on me. I decide to just wait it out. I found a bush, I looked at the clock. Give the victor 3 minutes, and then maybe I'll head in.  Three minutes later there was another blast of weapon fire. Ok, we'll just give whoever is there 4 minutes more and then I'll head in.  Some minutes later there was a third firefight.  You know, I'll just reset the clock and go in 5 minutes from now.  

Best stream ever.  Finally, the sun had set, the daylight gone, it was quiet. I had been watching from my bush, looking and listening for someone. Shouldn't someone go along the wall? Or the road? Maybe they took the car, I doubt I'd hear that.  I had seen no one. I resumed. I went up the outside stairwell on the road side of the three story dormitory. Opened the door on the second floor and backed up. No weapon fire greeted me, no noise.  I entered. It was quiet like a tomb.  I unlocked the first door, 203, and got the package I need for Prapor.  My next is target is 303 one floor up.  Somewhere in the building someone kicked in a door.   But it was quiet after.

Kicked in a door? Who the hell goes around kicking in doors? Well, I'm here, the room I want is just one floor up. I turned on my flashlight and headed out.  As I arrived at the stairwell a scav shouted on my right. I turned and started putting shots onto him. I couldn't get the ADAR controlled enough to hit his head, but I ascended the stairs backwards, firing continuously, suppressing him. Why isn't he dead? Well, at least he's not firing on me.  Suddenly a familiar voice yelled at the top of the stairs. I looked up and crouched at the top of the stairs was a recognizable brown sweater. 

"Hey, Reshala, how's it hanging?" I changed the focus of my fire and began putting shots on him quick quick quick. Marching up his body. He fired just as I clicked on his face.  

Time In Raid: 26 minutes, 27 seconds (most of it in a bush)
Exp: 345
Kills: Seryy Abuza (AI Scav)
Killed By: Reshala (with 7.62x51mm M62 - ouch!).   Good game, Reshala.  Until next time!
Ammo Used: 15, Hits: 10, Accuracy: 0.47, Damage to body: 440

Mistakes

  • If I had armor I might have prevailed.
  • If I had my Vityaz, I might have prevailed.
  • If I had something besides 855 ammo, I perhaps might have prevailed ( Warmage? )
  • If I had any sense, I would have left after getting Prapor's package. That could have been two quests completed instead of zero.

Successes

  • The combat in dorms was fun.
  • I got shots on my adversaries.  Really good fire control. Can't believe that first guard in dorms didn't go down.
  • I know being "close" doesn't count, but Reshala must have survived by a hairs breadth. Just another millisecond and he'd be down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi