Skip to main content

Dragging - Raids 71 & 72 - Level 17

 A dozen raids ago I was excited about heading to Reserve to kill raiders, and a half dozen raids ago I was pleased to pick up this quest to kill 5. But now it's getting old. I keep dying to players and the few times I've managed to get down into the bunker it's been just scavs.  

Goal: Kill two raiders and survive (need the survival for the Ragman quest)

Raid 71 - Same old, same old.

Loadout: Vityaz with Pst gzh, Class 3 armor, ears, meds. 

Spawned in garage across from King. Made my way to King - no one here. Very quietly and slowly descended down to the basement, restoring the doors behind me in case someone comes behind perhaps they'll be less cautious. I stopped at the top of the metal staircase that descends into the King antechamber.  Last raid I went blithely down this and got myself cut down.  I stopped and listened. Footsteps in water. Raiders or a player. The footsteps seemed to be approaching - I aimed down sight, if they come into the antechamber I may be able to catch them.

More footsteps behind me - someone walking full speed. Sounds like my trick of restoring the doors worked. I spun around waiting. The interloper stepped through the doorway and I fired, he was point blank, he fired. I died (of course).  

Time In Raid: 6 minutes, 2 seconds.
Exp: 13
Ammo Used: 6. No hits.  (??)
Killed By: I-Frosty with an MP7.  GG I-Frosty

Mistakes

  • instead of waiting for the player I should have pushed and prefired.
  • maybe I should have descended into the bunker instead of aiming down sight from above - it's awkward up there.
  • didn't use my flashlight on the interloper

Successes

  • the thing with restoring the doors worked.

Raid 72 - So Close

Loadout: identical. I have a second Vityaz. Press armor.

Spawned into the death zone bunker - the far corner one near scav lands and Black Bishop.  I slowly made my way through the low ground to Black Pawn. Someone was running around, a scav most likely but I don't need a battle now - I stayed hidden until he continued. 

Descended into the bunker. There was single scav down there. Dispatched him easily and searched for raiders. I checked every place they normally hang out - all the offices, the side halls, the ramps, near the marked room, back near the water. Nothing. Oh well. I pulled the D-2 lever, another scav spawned and came down the D-2 hallway. Killed him. 

When practicing offline, the raiders spawn within a few seconds of pulling the D-2 lever, and they usually make a bit of noise - especially if they spawn in the black pawn/bishop antechamber or the offices. There was no noise. I peeked the big room - empty. Office door still closed.  The antechamber - empty. The ramp going to black pawn. No one. Not likely any raiders, but I'll continue searching.  I took the white pawn stairs to circle round to the King antechamber the long way round. As I proceeded someone pulled the switch for the hermetic door. I wonder what route he'll take to the exit? Will he run through King? Would he come down here? That seems unlikely, but there were footsteps from White Pawn, heading my way. 

I doused my flashlight and backed into the corner near the D-2 stairs. The footsteps advanced toward the bunker then stopped. I waited, ready to push and turn on my flashlight the minute he steps into the next hallway. The footsteps went away.  Interesting.

A second later there was the sound of combat coming from the King antechamber and someone running my way up the ramp. I turned on my flashlight and advanced to the door - a player scav was on the ramp his back facing me. I fired, he spun but too late. He went down. I reloaded. There was a body at the bottom of the ramp, looks like scav feet. I advanced, but a bit carelessly. As I came around the AC unit, I saw a figure there. I didn't wait to aim down sight, I fired. He had a helmet and a faceshield and a flashlight and fast reflexes. I was getting shots on him, but with the blinding glare of his flashlight I had to just guess where his head might be. My magazine was draining - I'm not firing from cover  - how many shots is this guy going to tank?  I never found out. 

Time In Raid: 12 minutes, 41 seconds
Exp: 704
Kills: Avksentiy Zhidkiy (AI scav), Push Armatura (AI scav), Pashtet Morpheh (player scav)
Killed By: Irbis (raider) with 9x18mm ( Kedr ?)
Ammo Used: 102, Hit: 20, Accuracy: 0.16, Damage to Body: 601, Damage to Armor: 168

Mistakes

  • not being more careful in the King antechamber. I should have been using cover, leaning out, aiming down sight and ready. I was none of those things
  • Should I be using AP 6.3 ? I can't craft it yet, or buy from any trader, and it costs a fortune on the flea. 
  • I finally find a raider and I die to him. Sounds about right. 
  • died

Successes

  • maybe the raiders take longer to spawn in online raids?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi