Skip to main content

Achieved Level 17 - Raid 65

Thirty thousand XP is required to go from Level 16 to 17.  So far my PMC raids have barely moved the needle - nine raids and only 6000 XP.  But my scavving has been going great.  I got a flash drive (quest complete), a power cord (quest complete), and a corrugated hose.  And with that hose I expanded the lavatory in my hideout and so it was soap and water to shampoo, shampoo and vodka to cleaner, cleaner and tape to Kek tape, Kek tape and magazines to magazine, and done four times that's two more quests.  So my scavving has suddenly closed four quests and now I need only 3000 more XP to make level 17.  Moreover, I have a new quest on Reserve: kill 5 raiders.  Perfect!!

Raid 65 - In which I kill all the raiders

Loadout: Vityaz SMG with lots of mags. Press Class 3 armor. Ears, meds.

Spawned in the King garage. This is one of the closest spawns to the bunker. I made my way straight there - closing any doors I opened so as to not alert any who might be following. As I made my way downstairs I heard someone entering the garages. If he heads straight to the bunker he'll be no more than forty seconds behind me, but he'll likely loot so I should have some time. I descended into the bunker, flashlight on and began to explore.  It was empty. Not a single scav or raider. I checked the ramps, the water, the offices, no one.  Now what?  I guess I'll go pull the D-2 lever and see if that causes any to spawn. But as I decided this I heard a scav shout and some shots from the office area, and then crashing glass. Sounds like I have a visitor.

I took position near the white pawn stairs. If my visitor exits this way I should be able to surprise him. But after this my recollection is foggy, I can't recall the details. I remember hearing someone moving in the big room, approaching and, at the same time, someone moving upstairs along the white pawn hallway - I was worried about being pincered from above, but the approaching threat was the most immediate - so I stepped out and killed him. Right after I killed him there was shouting from his compadres, he must have been a raider. I don't remember the ensuing battle well, but I killed the other two raiders in an awkward combat, had to use my grenade and I closed the door that leads to the offices mid-fight.  After it was over, I still had not seen a sign of Mr. Glass Breaker and I wanted to replace a grenade. Doused my flashlight, stooped and searched one of the raiders grabbing his grenade and as I did I noticed that the door to the office hallway was open again. Fuck.

Grabbed the grenade and tabbed out. Why have I not heard him? I backed away into the black pawn antechamber, edging behind the doorframe for cover. The PMC emerged, took some steps my way, then turned around. I aimed down sight and shot him in the back of the head. He spun around, I reactivated my flashlight as I continued to dump my magazine into his head, stepping out of cover to keep the shots on him. Why is he not dead? He was firing on me, landing shots. And then he died, finally. Holy shit what kind of magic helmet did this Elmer Fudd have?

I needed to heal. But also reload. I esmarched, reloaded and then backed up a bit to the ramp that leads to black bishop. This location is not ideal, but I can have eyes on the antechamber and ears on the big room. I continued healing. Footsteps behind me. I spun, but not fast enough - I was getting hit. I point fired on my assailant, my flashlight and double lasers on his chest and climbed up to his face, a laser point on each eye. He died. Now I was seriously messed up. More bandaging. There's been entirely too much noise, I need somewhere safer. I went up the ramp. A dead body and three approaches - ok, not safe, but I need to heal NOW. I healed a bit. My head and torso are zeroed, I don't know why I'm still moving around. My energy is plummeting  - need food and drink. I searched the body of my last assailant - why I did this I don't know - there's no way in hell he has any food or drink on him. I'm being dumb - there is a crate of it in the big room. Down to the big room, searched the crate, ... searching ... apple juice. I grabbed the apple juice and chose "Use All" and died before the life saving elixir touched my lips. Classic Tarkov.

Time In Raid: 15 minutes, 26 seconds (felt like a lifetime)
Exp: 4866   (would have been so much better had I drank the juice in time)
Killed By: OmegaChips  -- Good game OmegaChips - I can't believe I survived (initially) your attack, by rights you should be alive and me dead.  GG.
Kills: Berkut (raider), Tigr (raider), Piranya (raider), Unknown Bear (Level 33 IIRC), Unknown USEC (OmegaChips, Level 11-30) 
Ammo Used: 152, Hits: 29, Accuracy: 0.18, Damage to Body: 1071, Damage to Armor: 348

Mistakes

  • Not sure what was going on with that first PMC battle - I know I'm using shitty Pst gzh but still it seems like my time to kill was just too slow.
  • Choice of place for healing on both occasions was terrible - no nearby hard cover. This poor choice is what ultimately killed me. 
  • Not remembering details of combat against raiders ( I did some offline raids and the details of these raids are all mixed up in my head with the real raid )
  • Died

Successes

  • Turned on the flashlight again for that first PMC battle.
  • Killed 3 raiders and 2 PMC.
  • Achieved Level 17. 

PostScript

That raid was stressful and great. I wanted to jump right back in, but the next weapon available to me is an RPK-16 which I've never used. So instead I ran some offline raids to test it out.  I think it'll do.

Post PostScript

The flea market is suddenly available to me because of an in-game event.  Praise the heavens. I'm not sure if it's a permanent change so I went and bought some keys that I need for quests. If permanent I need to adjust to this new fact of life. For example I now no longer need to find or earn a Mark 47 Mutant, I could just go buy one. I don't have to level up Skier to get that Monstrum 2x scope I love, I can just buy it.  It feels wrong somehow.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi