Skip to main content

Three Raids, Two Survivals - Raids 42, 43 and 44. Level 14

Raid 42 - Double Questing

Destination: Customs

Goals:

  • extract with case from dorm room 114 ( "The Pharmacist" quest)
  • kill as many scavs as possible, ideally 15 for the Therapist "Operation Aquarius Part 2" quest.
Loadout: Suppressed VPO-209, Class 3 press armor. Meds, food and drink, ears. No grenade.  It is not my intention, but with the purple armor and the VPO-209 I look like a scav. No balaclava or face covering today, to help round it out. 

The plan is simple. Hang around and kill scavs until the last 15 or 20 minutes of the raid, then go to dorms and get the case. I spawned behind old gas, looted the area and then went away and hid for a bit, let the scavs spawn and the PMCs move.  I started roaming around the industrial section looking for scavs. Killed a sniper scav and another. Got tagged by the second scav, heavy bleed. But I esmarched and was good as new. As I approached the hole in the wall that leads to the road I was briefly pincered. There was a scav in front of me, somewhere beyond the wall, and then another chirped behind me and fired on me. I dodged to cover, and then crept around trying to catch the scav behind me. But he was gone. Checked the rooftops, but nothing. Where did he go? Why did he disengage? I ran out and looked for him, but no luck.  Well, there is still a scav on the other side of the wall. So I went and got him.

Checked military checkpoint - empty. New Gas - empty.  Made my way to dorms - empty. Got the case. Bus station - empty. Construction - empty. Scoped the bridge intersection - seems empty. But as I crossed to the bridge, a scav shouted on my left and fired. I took cover, leaned out to fire on him, when another shouted at me from behind, firing on me. Pincered again. I ducked down to the river, took out the rear scav, then returned to take out the original one. I leaned out from behind the ice cream kiosk, aiming down sight. Where is he? I stepped a bit further out - there he is, crouching behind cover, I can just make out the top of his head, and he can't fire on me at all. BAM!  He fired on me and hit, heavy bleed. I fired on him, and pulled back. Fuck. I don't have another esmarch. I have no way of healing this bleed. I don't know if I killed that last scav or not, but it's time to go.  I crossed the bridge, healing as I went. My energy was zero-ing.  I ate a slickers bar and I'm pretty sure that saved my life.  Made it to extract and watched the countdown timer race my dropping health level.  Extracted.

Time In Raid: 35 minutes, 45 seconds
Exp: 3429
Kills (all scavs): Vovan Gruzchik, Vovak Kachok, Vovchik Suharik, Yulian Tankist, Maks Baryga.  Godspeed gentlemen. 
Ammo Used: 42. Hits: 14, Accuracy: 0.33, Damage to Body: 815, Damage to Armo: 183.  Longest shot: 254.4 meters.

Mistakes

  • losing my IFAK on an earlier raid and not having a backup for heavy bleeds.

Successes

  • completed 'The Pharmacist" quest
  • completed the "kill scavs while in pain" quest
  • made good progress on the kill 15 scavs on Customs quest

Raid 43 - Die by the sword


Destination: Woods
Goals: I am double questing again.  Trying to retrieve a case for Therapist as well as kill 3 scavs while not healing.  Extra bonus if I can make it to 5 scavs, which would finish the Shootout Picnic quest.

Loadout: Same as before (suppressed VPO-209, Press armor, etc).  But I have moved my loose meds to my backpack, that way I won't accidentally toggle them.  After I kill the 3 scavs, I'll have them.

Spawned somewhere behind the USEC camp.  I need to make my way to the sawmill for the case, and my extract is on the other side of the map. So I headed south and then cut east, crossing the road. I was careful in my movement - moving cover to cover, concealment to concealment, sticking to the shadows, stopping and listening, avoiding open areas when possible.  There is a low ridge that looks down on the road leading to scav house and the USEC checkpoint. I took partial concealment in a bush there, using a tree on my left for hard cover.  I scoped the area in front of me. There are often scavs around the checkpoint, but I didn't see any. I was just finishing scanning when I decided to rescan the checkpoint. I looked down the scope. Footsteps running behind me. Are they approaching? They are running right at me. WOMP! WOMP!  Oh god, is someone hitting me with a sword? I stood up and tried to run, but I couldn't move. I fired my weapon, trying to spin around. WOMP! WOMP! and I was dead.  

Time In Raid: 6 minutes, 40 seconds
Exp: 0
Killed By: JiuZheBTX   .  Good game JiuZheBTX  - what suppressor were you using?

Mistakes

  • too slow to respond - even if I didn't break cover, I should have turned around quicker, as soon as I heard the footsteps.
  • misplaced sound. I see on the post-mortem screen that I died to several rounds of 7.62x39mm BP, not a sword like I thought. I would swear there was no gun retort. I wish I had streamed this raid so I could re-listen to the audio

Successes

  • None

Raid 44 - Double Questing again


Once again heading to Woods to pick up the case for Therapist and kill 3 scavs without healing.

Loadout: AKM with PS, 4x Pilad scope and laser.  Thoroughly worn Class 4 armor that came back from insurance (Raid 41). Meds in backpack so I don't accidentally use them. Food and drink.

Spawned above the lake corner, near the RUAF extract.  Looted the cases and found a much better Class 4 rig.  Put it in my backpack, made my way to a bush and traded out, leaving my own in the bush where hopefully it'll be unfound.   Proceeded to Emercom.  Hung out at Emercom camp for a long time. Killed one scav, but no others appeared. That's odd.  

Went to the sawmill. Killed a scav.  Descended to cabins, got my package and drank some apple juice.  Footsteps in one of the neighboring cabins. I ran outside. On hearing my footsteps, some player scav announced himself in Russian. I replied in Russian, circled and shot him through the window. He came to the door and I finished emptying my magazine into him as he shot me with a shotgun. Ouch. 

The "Subtask Completed" sound rang. Finally!  Now I can heal my arm.  A "sad song" sound played. Oh, fuck. Did I just undo my Jaeger task by healing?  That's 7000 XP I just flushed down the toilet. Damnit!!
  
Made my way to outskirts. On the last leg there, I saw a player heading there as well - ahead of me, crossing at about 45 degrees. Shit. I stepped behind a tree and crouched. Waited. I peeked right, no sign of him. Peeked left - bushes blocking the view.  Crept forward, peeked out the bush - nothing.

That player was heading to extract, I don't think he saw me. Let's cool my heels for a bit, then resume. I waited a spell, then resumed. Cover to cover, concealment to concealment, hugging low ground and shadows whenever possible. Just as I was about to step into Outskirts someone fired on me. I ran, ducked behind a tree.  Rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat, his weapon tore up the tree, and tagged my left arm. But I was in the extract zone, the timer is counting. Just wait it out.  KER-THUNK, a grenade landed on the ground next to me as the extract timer hit 0.1 and then my screen went black.

I survived. 

Time In Raid: 28 minutes, 49 seconds (and not a second more)
Exp: 1626
Kills: Styopa Elektronik (AI Scav), Yasha Sladkiy (AI Scav), Semyon Kovalski (Player Scav).  Godspeed gentlemen. Sorry for ruining your milk run Semyon.  

Mistakes

  • not researching the stupid Jaeger quest. I didn't know it could be "taken away". 

Successes

  • got the case, and the 7500 Exp, getting me to Level 14.  Yes!
  • avoided the PMC at the end.  He shot me with M995 in the arm. 
  • survived
  • did not die to grenade

PostScript

I spent some time after the raid buying stuff from Peacekeeper and selling it to Mechanic in order to level up Peacekeeper, which I can do now that I'm Level 14.  This was totally worth it because it gave me access to the NcStar backup mount, which means I can put canted dot-sights on my weapons. Finally!!  For me, this tiny thing is a big deal. I already modded my AKM to sport a canted Delta Point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi