Skip to main content

Raid 33 - Level 10 Achieved and Streamed!!

In my last raid I put a bunch of rounds into a scav at close range, but he killed me and the post-mortem said that no rounds hit.  I am sure I got those rounds on him. But I am no great player, I have bad aim, and after a few days doubt began to creep in, "am I really sure?".  A streamer I watch mentioned the value of recording and watching ones own raids to see mistakes firsthand. I know from experience this works very well with music. So I decided to try that.

I don't have a top end gaming rig. I don't even have a bottom end gaming rig. My little XO machine struggles to draw even a frame and I don't exactly have terrabytes of free space. So I decided to try hooking up a stream. Why not? I can stream low quality out to twitch, and then watch it back later.  I installed the free version of StreamlabsOBS and tested it out with a quick offline raid and a scav raid.  Seems to work.  

I haven't hooked up my camera or my microphone. This is for me, not an audience. But insofar as any of my readers are curious, I am proud to present the most boring tarkov stream on the net: https://www.twitch.tv/cornflake_cperk  .  Twitch will only hold the raids for 14 days, but if you are one of my regular readers you can catch Raid 33 here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1124870014

Raid 33

Goals: I am pursuing two Woods quests: kill 5 scavs without armor, kill 15 scavs on Woods.   My preferred plan is to go to Emercom camp and kill scavs there.

Loadout: modded AKM, ears, meds, snack.

I have a new scope on this AKM. I saved up vodka and toilet paper and traded with Jaeger for the Burris Fullfield TAC 30. This is a 6x scope that also has a 1x view. It has a HUGE field of view, and the 1x is slightly magnified and is clearer and sharper than just regular vision. I've practiced with it a bit offline, and it's pretty nice. A little slow. Also the 6x is definitely too much magnification for short range, so you have to manage that carefully or there will be trouble.

There has been a new update to the game today. For whatever reason, that usually means there will be fewer players for the next day or so. That's good for me.

I spawned at the UN extract. Excellent.  I didn't rush straight to Emercom - people might be going there from different east side locations on the map, and I don't want to be in front. So I carefully and leisurely (and boringly) made my way there.  As I got close I spotted a scav moving south outside the camp. I backed up into a bush again, aimed down sight, lined up the shot, held my breath and took him down. This occurs at the 12 minute mark.  Nice shot.

After that, I entered the camp - someone had already been there - all the containers open and the loose loot hoovered up. I carefully circumnavigated the camp worried that whoever was looting might still be there. But it was empty.  The rest of the raid I spent circling the camp, inside and out, and I took down three more scavs, mostly outside. One of the kills was inside where I had switched to autofire and that was inelegant. I struggled with the autofire and the scope. But, ultimately I prevailed and came away unharmed. 

After the "Quest Complete" notice I started looting the scavs - looking for the white armor I need for Skier. I didn't find it, but I did find a Class 4 Ulley in good condition, so I snatched that, and hid in a bush while I moved my magazines over to it.

Finally it was late and time to go. My extracts were Factory Gate or Outskirts. I aimed my rifle up and tapped out "Shave and a haircut. Two bits" but got no reply.  Tried one more time. Nothing. Oh well, looks like Outskirts.  I made one last loop through the camp to pick up some more loot. And at the 41 minute mark stumbled onto a scav crouching at the entryway. I was not expecting him, nor him me. We fired on each other - my aim was atrocious and in my haste and panic I brought up the scope which I definitely did not want at such a close range.  Amateur.  As fate would have it, I prevailed this time and killed him. I had a lot of injuries, a bleed, and a blacked arm.  I bandaged, patched myself up and headed to Outskirts.

Time In Raid: 42 minutes, 21 seconds
Exp: 3151  (yes!!)
Kills (all AI Scavs): Vitalya Bardak, Vanka Vaychshika, Ilyusha Mohkovsky, Senya Shnek, Pul Guk.  Godspeed gentlemen and thanks for help with the quests.
Ammo Used: 67, Hits: 10, Accuracy: 0.12, Damage to Body: 420, Damage to Armor: 10

Mistakes

  • the close combat against the Vanka and Pul was really atrocious. Also, I still suck at tap firing.
  • should have jumped immediately to cover when fighting Pul instead of firing on him.  That could have cost me dearly. 
  • boring stream (but, hey, this is why I blog my raids)

Successes

  • survived
  • completed one of the quests
  • made Level 10 with the exp from this raid
  • good maneuvering  and good use of cover. (With the exception of the last fight)
  • streaming does not seem to kill my game performance (surprisingly)

PostScript

Last wipe it took me 60 raids to reach Level 10.  This wipe I was really hoping to do it in 20. Obviously that didn't work out, but I did it today on raid 33. Yes!! I must be getting better, or at least sucking less. Perhaps I shall rename the blog "I Tarkov Mediocre".  I should do something to celebrate this important milestone. Suggestions welcome.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I