Skip to main content

Spoiled Milk - Raid 6 - Level 3

One of my "zig when everyone else zags" plans was to just do stash runs on Interchange and build up some money. I decided against this because, while profitable, these types of runs are usually pretty quiet and boring.  But now my funds are getting low. I want to try a few more passes at Reserve to kill raiders - but between the price of insurance and meds, I won't be viable for much longer. Need funds.  I could maybe just do this as a Scav, but I might as well get some XP out of it.  

Raid 6 - the Milk Run

Loadout: Class 2 PACA armor, a Vityaz PP-19, meds, ears, backpack, rig. No grenades.

Spawned behind the mall, near one of the tanker trucks.  Made my way north towards the power station. Looted a stash and some small out buildings.  As I circled I encountered a freshly spawned Scav, facing away. A quick headshot took him down. Another Scav yelled and ran.  Using cover I ducked around until I got eyes on the second scav, then approached him behind cover, leaned out, and blasted him in the head with autofire.  Good. Two scavs down, not a scratch on me.  Reloaded and looted the two scavs.  

I thought I heard footsteps in or behind the power station. Hmmm.   I circled away from it a bit and around.  I took up position on the side of a wagon to better spy when I heard footsteps running my way. Backed around the wagon - the footsteps were approaching fast and I had them exactly located. Aimed down sight, leaned out, wait for it ... and a PMC came around a cable spool and I blasted him in the head. He was down, no shots fired.  I waited. No sound. I crept forward and looted him. Level 14. I grabbed his dogtags, but forgot to secure them in my alpha container.  He has an armband, but I haven't heard or seen any teammates.  

I've spent too much time in this power station area. Time to bounce.  I started advancing toward the access road. No sign of anyone in the power station, but my visibility into there is limited. Was the PMC I killed the same as I heard earlier?  I don't think so. I ran, but forgot the fence blocks the way in the corner, doubled back towards the little sentry post and BAM, someone was firing on me and I took a hit. Fuck. I can't tell where that shot came from. BAM BAM  - another hit.  I've got multiple bleeds. I don't see anyone on top of the power station, or in among the transformers, but I'm not stopping to scope it out. I made it around the gate and doubled back down the access road. BAM. Fuck. I stepped behind the sentry station and took a PK. Can't stay here - my adversary is probably lining up a headshot right now.  It's maybe 30 or 40 meters to the next cover. If I run and zig-zag maybe I can make it.  I ran. I did not make it.

Time In Raid: 8 minutes, 21 seconds
Exp: 1531
Kills: Prov Shulc (scav), Dron Tulovische (scav) and unknown BEAR Level 14.
Killed By: ksrongge9999 with several shots of 5.45x39mm PS   Nice work ksrongge9999, where were you?
Ammo Used: 33, Hit: 4, Accuracy: 0.12   Damage to Body: 164.   3 Headshot kills.

Mistakes

  • Need to be more aware of where cover is and isn't. After taking that first shot I should not have tried to continue, I should have doubled back and taken cover.
  • Must be better at placing sound. Unforgivable to not be able to place a gunshot.
  • Need to remember to put shit in my secure container.
  • Died
  • Did not get any loot, further imperiling my funds situation.
  • This was not the milk run it was supposed to be.

Successes

  • Killed 2 Scavs and a PMC - all very sweet kills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi