Skip to main content

Raids 11 and 12. Level 6

Raid 11 - Scav Hunt on Customs

Loadout: Class 4 armor and Remington M780 Shotgun with magnum buckshot, ears, meds. IFAK, hemostat, and extra splint in secure container.

Goal: I need two more scav kills for the Debut quest. 

I spawned into one of the buildings in the industrial liquid storage area. Not much loot in mine and no scav sounds - they probably haven't spawned yet. I went over one building and looted it - got some pretty good loot, a lot of stuff I need for my hideout. I put some in my secure container.  Then I went up the railroad embankment and began to bear towards Old Gas. The next building over I heard a scav in the parking lot. I ran down, aimed, leaned out of cover and took him down with some effort, but came away unharmed. Guess I'm getting used to the shotgun.  Looted him. Went into his building hoping for more scavs, but it was quiet. But I got more loot. Now my bag is overflowing with mostly good stuff. No weapon parts or any of that useless stuff.

The next building over had a sniper scav on the roof. Took a few shots but I got him too.  Quest completed. Awesome.  

In Old Gas there was a scav voice, but no scav. I circled around, checked the building - nothing. Maybe he went downstairs?  I continued on, looted the scav body. And then I did something really dumb. I forgot that I was already right at the edge of the sniper zone - as I crossed into the Stronghold construction area I bore a little too far left.  Bam! Bam! Two quick shots and I was dead to the AI sniper. Sigh.

Time In Raid: 13 minutes, 20 seconds
Exp: 949
Kills (scavs): Karlusha Krezibamp and Mitrofam Suslik
Ammo Used: 11, Hits: 10, Accuracy: 0.45, Damage to Body: 256, Damage to Armor: 107

Mistakes

  • OMG I DUM

Successes

  • Completed the Debut task.

Raid 12 - Outstanding In His Field

Besides "find it, fetch it" sort of quests I have two that I can act upon: Bronze Pocketwatch and Lost Convoy.   The Lost Convoy quest pays more XP, so I'll tackle it first.

Destination: Woods

Loadout: SKS-OP with PSO scope, Class 2 PACA armor, ears, meds, etc.

Spawned near the construction vehicles on the west side of map - somewhere north of Scav house.  Made my way north, the road on my right.  Someone was firing a .338 Lapua somewhere near the center of the map - man that thing is loud.  I approached USEC from below, carefully scoping before I advanced. There are spawns that way and I need to be wary of players.  No sooner thought than I heard repeated fire from my left, further west.  I slowed down carefully crouch walked through the bushes and leaned out from behind a tree. There was a player standing in an open field of flowers firing his weapon. I couldn't see what he was firing at, and he didn't seem to be receiving any return fire. I aimed down site, centered the scope reticle on his head and dropped him. I don't like where his body is, and I don't like not knowing what was going on - so I didn't approach. I looped around wide and went up to the USEC encampment. Subtask Complete.  It had already been looted, but not completely. Got some stuff.

I continued north to the convoy. Subtask Complete. Then I returned south and was able to find the body of misakih, level 9.   His level is higher than mine, but he's still below level 10, so I didn't loot his weapons or gear. But I took his meds, and his ghost face covering and tags. 

After that I slowly made my way to Northern Roadblock and extracted with no further encounters.

Time In Raid: 32 minutes, 14 seconds
Exp: 1852
Killed: misakih with a headshot from 54 meters.  Good luck on your next raids misakih.  By the by, why were you firing your weapon?  Had I not heard it I likely might have passed directly in front of you. For once, luck favored me.  No doubt next time she'll smile upon you. 

Ammo Used: 1, Hits: 1, Accuracy: 1

Mistakes

  • none

Successes

  • killed a PMC
  • remembered to get his dog tags.
  • completed quest
  • achieved Level 6


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I