Skip to main content

Raid 5. Reserve Quiet. Level 3

 I don't have much time, so only one raid today and I want to make it a good one.  Heading to Reserve to kill raiders in the underground.  I got my Vityaz PP-19 back with insurance, so I reloaded it, got my meds and a flash grenade and headed out.

Raid 5

Spawned above the spiral stairs that lead down to D2 and the underground. Awesome!  I can head straight there without encountering any disruptions.  I made my way there, looting only lightly because I don't want to waste time. But I did allow myself the distraction of hitting the safe in that side control room. As I went, I closed any door I opened so as to not alert any player of my presence.

When I finally reached the last staircase before the underground I could hear someone running, but no sounds of combat. Probably a scav? From here I have two choices: go to the bunker via the White Pawn entrance, or down the ramp by the King entrance. I don't like fighting on that ramp - no good cover. So I took the side passage and came in via the White Pawn entrance. I carefully pied the first entry way. Quiet. I slowly advanced to the next covered doorframe and leaned out - a raider in full gear ran by me, heading for the King entrance. He was too quick for me to tag. I'll bring him here. I leaned out and threw my flash grenade. No one yelled "Granata!". Instead, the running feet stopped.  Shit, that wasn't a raider - it was a player. I heard him retreat up the ramp. He's going to flank me.

Well, two can play at that game. I went up the Black Pawn ramp, around, and snuck down the stairs  - now I was behind the next entrance. If he's looking for me in that White Pawn access room, he'll be surprised.  In retrospect, this was a bit of a dumb maneuver. I could have just walked over the 40 meters an repositioned. Didn't need to go the long way around. But given that I didn't' know if that was cleared,   I guess it's still a smart choice.

Except he wasn't flanking me. He was leaving. I guess he decided he didn't want trouble after my flash grenade. And, of course he was leaving - why else would he be running across the big room in that direction?  I'm an idiot.  There was only one dead scav, who didn't have much. Most of the loot had been gotten - but I still did pretty good loot-wise.  Gathered what I could and extracted via D2.

Time In Raid: 18 minutes, 28 seconds
Exp: 772 ( graduated to Level 3.  Only 4317 more to Level 4 ).

Mistakes

  • Why were there no raiders? It was a daytime raid and the lobby was full. I had to wait 10 minutes to get matched.  I guess my friend and I were the only two on the map?  
  • I got a spark plug and used it to build a generator in my hideout. That cost 100K rubles. Now I'm very low on funds. I may need to start doing boring money runs.

Successes

  • I survived and extracted. That's a big deal. My survival rate has now gone from 0% to 20%. Can't stop me now.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I