Skip to main content

Raid 4. Reserve Again. Still Level 2

 I woke up this morning with some affirmations. "Don't give up!" , "You can do this!"  So it's back to Reserve.  

Plan: Go to Reserve, kill the Raiders for some fat XP and loot them for their wicked great armor and weapons.  Also, never forget, third time is the charm!

Raid 4 - The Crowded Bus

Loadout: Vityaz PP-19 with flashlight. No armor. Ears, meds. One grenade.  

I spawned into the building next to the scav land extract.  Immediately started heading up toward white bishop.   I was sprinting the last open leg when I started to catch fire and took a hit. I dove into the shipping container, flipped the Vityaz to auto-fire. Footsteps were approaching.  I was bleeding, but nothing to be done about it now. I hid until I heard the footsteps get just a little closer then I step/leaned out and fired, stepping back to cover as I did so.  That seemed like a good shot, but I think the player dove for cover. Stepped into the building. Used my esmarch to stop the heavy bleed. I also have a fracture and forgot to bring a splint. Damnit. Took a painkiller while I stepped into the corner room to peek over the sandbags. Where was the PMC?   I ventured out the door to take a quick peek - no sign of him. I want to get underground and get this over with.  I medded as I took the stairs down.  

I descended down the ramp and peeked the underground bunker. No sign of anyone. I was just preparing to jump the water when I heard splashing. Someone walking in the water. I waited a second then threw my grenade.  Fucking grenade did not go into the opening as planned, I ducked behind the door as it exploded and got nicked. The raiders and scavs started shouting "граната" and I heard someone sucking, I think the grenade wounded the splasher. I peeked the corner shortly after and there was no sign of anyone. I jumped the water and waded out.

Suddenly autofire broke out near the bathrooms. I was sure I was dead. But it wasn't me they were firing at.  I stepped forward - there were two PMCs with couch backpacks fighting some raiders. I sprayed a PMC in the head, and put some rounds in a raider. Weapon fire tore into me, badly injuring me. I backpedaled. I took cover behind some crap in the hall.  Some weapon fire came my way, but it was no threat. I have a heavy bleed and I've already used my esmarch.  The damn car kit won't heal a heavy bleed.  The battle was still raging nearby - I need to bounce - there are meds upstairs in white bishop - maybe I'll find an esmarch.  I waded the water - entering the tunnel for a bit of cover, and then made my way up. There was no pursuit.

I medded as I ascended, and then started searching. Found bandages and cheese and a CMS kit.  Had to take another painkiller. I don't know this building well, I searched all the rooms on all the floors, but didn't get any helpful meds. Now what?

I'm going to die if I don't get out of here, my vision was darkening - I was unfit for combat. My stuff insured. I dropped my bag and my weapon and mags in a corner, and then made my way down the stairs - heading for manhole cover. Can I make it without being seen?  I don't know the answer to that, because I bled out on the far side of King - the manhole extract just barely in sight.

Time In Raid: 9 minutes, 8 seconds.
Exp: 1256  (my best so far this wipe)
Killed By: djw191  -  Good work djw191, sorry about your buddy. 

Kills: USEC (level 11-30) and BEAR (level 11-30)

Ammo Used: 60, Hits: 13, Accuracy: 0.1, Damage to Body: 681, Damage to Armor: 21

Mistakes

  • Not bringing a splint. 
  • Not bringing two esmarchs into a heavy combat zone
  • Not realizing I killed that first PMC. I didn't hear a death rattle. But I would have loved to have gotten his tags (to say nothing of his armor and weaponry)
  • Bad grenade toss. (Lucky to have not died to it)
  • Not great combat.  Sure I was behind the players, but was overly excited about shooting people in the back and wasn't using cover well. I could have definitely handled that better.
  • Not realizing sooner that I was going to die.  Once I searched the lower floor I probably should have just headed to manhole right away. Maybe maybe might have survived.
  • Did not put the CMS kit (or anything) in my secure container. Need to be better about this.

Successes

  • I killed two PMCs from two different parties. Probably wounded with that grenade a third from another (unless there was a raider wading in the water).
  • The first PMC kill was pretty nice - I wish I had realized it was a kill.
  • Leaving the underground when I did was smart, and I got away.  
  • Even though I died, this was a fun raid.  Man, I hope some of my stuff comes back on insurance, otherwise I'm going to be limited to running around Woods with an SKS for the rest of the damn wipe.

PostScript

I feel a lot better this morning after my Reserve run than I did last night. Encountering the cheater(s) last night really got me down. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi