Skip to main content

Update: Raids 108 - 110. Rough Day in Tarkov

Destination: Interchange

Goal

  • Kill Scavs (need 17 more to complete quest)
  • Kill PMCs with pistol
Progress: not a single iota of forward progress.

Raid 108

Loadout: Class 5 Ghzel armor, SR1MP Pistol with two magazines of SP13, meds, no grenade. Extra ammo, AFAK and CMS kit in alpha container

I spawned behind power plant.  That's good - there should be some scavs here. I waited. No scavs showed up. Looted the power plant. Found a Tetriz.  That's cool! I don't know what they are worth, but I believe it's a lot.  I think even a non-FIR Tetriz is worth a lot, because you can trade it for a physical bitcoin to Mechanic?  Not sure. But I took out the AFAK and extra ammo from my secure container and popped the Tetriz there.

Made my way to the underground. Was walking along, cover to cover, looking for scavs. No scavs.  I was behind a container when I heard someone running, heading my direction. I leaned out and aimed down sight - but the angle wasn't good - I was too close to the container.  Took one extra footstep to correct the angle - now I'm well protected and have a nice keyhole angle looking into the garage. I'll be very difficult to hit. The PMC ran up from somewhere out of sight and stopped directly in front of my angle. One step more or less and I would not have had an angle on him.  I fired, he fired. I got off two solid shots, maybe not to the head, but good shots. His blast of autofire killed me.  


Time In Raid: 8 minutes 18 seconds

Exp: 149

Killed by FrenchieSoup with one round of M855A1 to head.

Ammo Used: 2   Hits: 4 (fragmentation?)  Accuracy: 1.0.  Damage to Body: 141  Damage to Armor: 18  

This loss does not sit well with me. Yes, I know I have a pistol and I'm going against someone with an assault rifle - but it's so dark down there and I was much more in the shadows than he. How did he know where I was? Was it that extra step I took? Did he hear that and place me exactly? Though it was a left lean, which exposes me more than a right lean - I was still well covered and in full darkness. My accuracy was 100%. He was not moving or strafing. Were my shots hitting his arms? 

I may need to practice headshotting and maybe seeing if I can fire this pistol faster (but accurately). Certainly, landing one more shot couldn't hurt (me).

Mistakes

  • should I have changed speed to slow before adjusting my position? Did that single footfall cost me?
  • Not aiming better at head.
  • The stupid Tetriz isn't worth much money and the bitcoin trade both requires other items which I don't have, and Mechanic Level 2, which I also don't have.

Successes

  • the keyhole position stopped all those other rounds from his weapon. Maybe that headshot was just dumb luck. 

Raid 109 - I Don't Understand

So, after Raid 108 I had a bit of time and I got setup with the SR1MP pistol+silencer+laser again and I went and practiced on Factory.  AI Bots set to Impossible, and High quantity.  First raid I killed 6, but with troubles, 7 the next and smoother and extracted, and 10 on the last one.  Feeling good. All I need to really focus on for the raid is killing scavs.

Loadout: same as before. Class 5 Ghzel armor, silenced SR1MP with two mags of SP13.

Spawned in the area with the stashes and tents. Made my way across road, started catching sniper fire from somewhere. Ran and evaded, entered IDEA underground.  I might be here early(ish). Went to setup on any players that enter IDEA. None did. I heard a scav moving around the car park. Excellent, time to move out.  I turned on the laser, spotted a scav and bam! a clean headshot ... except it wasn't, he yelled. I scrambled for cover. I came around the cover - it's pretty dark but I can see him. Aimed again and headshot...headshot...headshot... what is going on? Those were three good shots. He started return firing, messing me up. I closed the distance and began firing on him even more. He kept firing at me as if no shots were hitting him, I completely gave up on cover and advanced on him, nearly emptied the magazine before I died. 

Time In Raid: 6 minutes 47 seconds.
Exp: 41
Ammo Used: 15, Hits: 4 (??)  Accuracy: 0.13   Damage to Body: 219  Damage to Armor: 3
Killed By: Semyon Predatel with several rounds of 7.62x39mm PS

Mistakes

  • getting frustrated and abandoning cover - I should have reset and gone around the container from the other side.  I was constantly sure that _this_ shot would be the one to bring him down and end it. But it never was.
  • died
  • died to a scav

Successes

  • maybe I'll get my stuff back with insurance?

Raid 110 - I Still Don't Understand


Ok - fuck the pistols. I don't have much real-world time left to play.  Pretty much kitted out with what was at hand.

Loadout: Class 4 M2 armored rig.  VPO-209 with a magazine of .366 AP and one of .366 TKM FMJ

Spawned behind Goshan.  Not fond of this spawn, but whatever. Made my way into the underground - took a bit to find that ramp that goes up - I've only ever used it once.  Ascended the ramp.  I started hearing weapon fire - it sounded like someone was outside the mall shooting. At me.  Suddenly I was hit - fractured leg. Fuck!  Is there someone up here? 

I didn't see or hear anyone, but I went back down the ramp. More fire, I kept hearing it strike the wall. I couldn't hear the retort of the weapon, is it suppressed?  I think someone is shooting at me from outside the mall. Not sure. I started taking more hits. It was difficult getting out of the elevator shaft. I had bleeds and a fracture. I got outside the shaft, hot-keyed my esmarch, and died to the next shot to the head. As I fell I thought I heard footfalls - but couldn't place their location.

Time In Raid: 3 minutes 18 seconds.
Exp: 33
Killed By: CN0990-Zeldo with four rounds of 9x18mm PM PBM.  (Leg, arm, two to head)

Update

I was practicing with Interchange in offline mode, and I realize there is another "goshan alley" spawn closer to Emercom extract. From there, a player could get to the elevator shaft in a reasonable time, though I should have heard them coming. Also the upper ramp spawn could get to the top of the shaft in a timely fashion too and very likely be unheard by me. So I think what was happening is that the other player was shooting at me with a suppressed 9x18 pistol and bad aim. So I was hearing the shots strike the inside of the elevator shaft wall, not the outside.  I was tired and frustrated and once I got that leg fracture, I just resigned to dying. 

Mistakes

  • by the end I had just given up. I didn't even care anymore. 
  • I should have immediately taken a PK so as to not had the impaired movement. That could have kept me alive. But again, I just didn't want to be bothered.

Successes

  • my killer will likely not be thrilled with my VPO-209.

PostScript

Three deaths in a row is very discouraging, especially the death to the scav.  I practiced so sincerely today, but it seemed to make no difference. This is not the first time this has happened, where all the shots on a scav are misses. He wasn't even moving, he wasn't far, the laser was on his face.   And the last raid is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae that was today.  Was he in the mall or outside it?  If inside, where could he have spawned and gotten to the elevator shaft so quickly without me hearing him? 

It's very discouraging.

Post PostScript

I happened to watch a streamer put a couple of shots into a scav head also from close range - and the scav just ignored the shots and fired on him. That makes me feel slightly better, that it's not just me. Though, the streamer fired several more shots and unlike mine, those weren't ignored. What's up with that? Desynch? I never see that in offline mode.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi