Skip to main content

Update: Raid 113 - Scavhaustion

Destination: Interchange
Goals:
  • kill scavs for Ragman quest (need 8 more)
  • retrieve shipping list from Oli Logistics office (lower priority)
This "Kill 25 Scavs on Interchange" quest is dragging out.  Just want to get it done.

Raid 113

Loadout: Class 5 "High Mobility" Gen IV armor, AK-104 with canted sight and two 30 round magazines of BP and one of PS, ears, meds, et cetera. In my rig I am also carrying a Vulcan MG Nightscope, which is proving to be very handy when in or under the mall (but very awkward otherwise).

The plan is simple:  rotate between the IDEA garages and power station to kill scavs. 

When I was reviewing my loadout I stopped for a second: should I bring food and drink? The lack of it cut my last raid short.  But, honestly, I always seem to find food and drink on Interchange, that was just unlucky. In fact, I had looted quite a bit of food, just no hydration. So I didn't.  

I spawned into the far south west corner, pre-dawn. Oli is the closest store. This is a strange spawn because the Exfil location for this spawn is Emercom camp, not railway.  That's annoying.  I made my way up the median of the roadway. The first loose loot I spotted was some grapefruit juice. Great.  Onward.

I made my way to the IDEA garages, attached the Vulcan nightscope. There was a single scav there. Killed him. He had some bandages on him.  No more scavs appeared, I rotated to the power station.  I caught a scav outside and fired several good shots on him, surprisingly he didn't go down and fled into the building. I switched to autofire and went around a different entrance. Caught him by surprise and killed him. Found another scav crouch hiding in the office, killed him too. I think those might have been player scavs. Sorry guys. They had very little loot - must have just arrived. The power station and its surroundings had been picked fairly clean of loot.   Autofire uses up ammo, so I went to a bush and started repacking mags. Another scav ran by, but he disappeared before I could fire on him. Looked around, couldn't find him. 

Returned to the IDEA garages, killed three more scavs using that night vision scope. They were carrying nothing, esmarch, and bandages. The last kill was difficult - was having trouble aiming and got my arm blacked in the attempt.  My hydration is low and my energy zeroed. Shit. I went for the grapefruit juice - only, it wasn't juice, it was a box of 120 rounds of ammo. It had looked like grapefruit juice when I picked it up in the predawn light, but now I see it's not. Oh shit. I'm deep in the garage, I'll head down and cut over to hole in the fence - I don't have much loot and certainly don't need it. My vision was blurring, everything was failing fast. I was applying healing to my head and thorax, but that was soon spent.  Gunfire outside the saferoom exfil. Are you kidding? That's directly between me and where I need to go. I am in no shape for a battle - so I had to go around.  There is a loose food and drink spawn just twenty meters from the Emercom rear garages, it's rarely looted, if I can make it there I'll be ok.  Of course, this is Tarkov. I died to exhaustion just five meters from that.  

Time In Raid: 43 minutes, 2 seconds
Exp: 1787
Kills (all scavs): Styopa Tormoz, Kaban Sizyy (player scav?), Radik Zhigan (player scav), Alvian Chukcha, Kayl Zver, Sanka Botan.  Godspeed gentlemen.  Sorry to mess up your easy money raids Kaban and Radik.
Ammo Used: 53,  Hits: 19  Accuracy: 0.28  Damage to Body: 879   Headshots: 3

Mistakes

  • why am I worried about nickles and dimes? Just bring the damn snacks on every raid.  
  • maybe too focused on the task? Should have been looting more
  • poor time management
  • died
  • died needlessly

Successes

  • killed 6 scavs. Once I reached the IDEA garages, it seemed like I moved from kill to kill. The time passed quickly. 
  • Was unharmed in five of the six firefights

Postscript

I was running a scav run on Reserve when I saw something unusual. There was a player, not sure if a PMC or a player scav, who was dressed all in white: white helmet, white upper, white pants. Mottled slightly with light gray. It looked like winter camouflage.  Is it snowing up at the dome? Is that a costume option? Was it some sort of display bug?  I felt bad for whoever it was - do they know how visible they are?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi