Skip to main content

Update: Raid 111 - Killing Scavs

The Interchange quests from Ragman have the biggest experience point rewards (~10,0000 each).  But the "kill 3 PMCs with a pistol" quest from Skier is blocking several other quests and unlocks.  I had hoped to undertake these simultaneously by making a pistol my primary armament, doing the Interchange quests, and stumbling onto some PMC kills along the way.  But I don't think that's going to work.  And I still need to kill a lot of Scavs to reach the 25 scav kills Ragman wants. I think I need 17 more. 

So now the plan is to finish what I started: kill the 17 scavs.  Then worry about the pistol kills, which likely means returning to the meat grinder known as Factory.

Destination: Interchange

Goals:

  • Kill 17 Scavs
  • Do "Logistics Office" Oli retrieval if convenient.

Raid 111

Loadout: Class 5 High Mobility Gen IV armor, suppressed AK-104 with cobra mount and canted dot sight, two 30 round magazines of BP, one of PS.  Ears, meds. Extra BP and the Logistics Office Key in my alpha container.    And, a Vulcan MG nightscope on the Armasight universal mount in my rig.

Spawned into Interchange just outside the parking garages. Are you kidding me? This is the spawn I always wanted for my pistol kills. I have a plan for this spawn. And here I am, no pistol.  I decided to test the plan out.  I raced into the garage, got to my set up point and waited.  I have a spot that obscures me from view and puts me behind any players that want to rush Killa via the hole in the floor. And, bonus, if they turn around, the lights blind them.  It's a great spot and it's sneaky and not obvious - I don't think it's known.   

Now I just need to wait.  So I waited. I attached my Vulcan MG Nightscope. Right on schedule, the Killa rushers rushed Killa. But not from here - they entered the mall through somewhere else. Damnit.  I listened - the fight ended abruptly with a burst from an RPK-16, which most likely means Killa won.  Sorry friends, better luck next raid.  Now what?   

I decided to go get the manifest. I slowly headed towards the escalators that go up into Oli directly. Suddenly, there was more combat upstairs, different weaponry. But this time Killa did not come out on top. I have to be quiet - there is now some Chad above me. He'll most likely loot Killa and the tech stores and move on. I'll take the long way round and I should be ok.

I entered Oli. As I moved through the far offices, I was sure to close every door I opened behind me - leave no trace. Chaddy McChadface started shooting up scavs across Oli. I continued, very quietly. Entered loading docks, started to wrap my way around. The PMC was not moving on - I heard him open up on more scavs and much closer.  Shit - I need a new plan.  Chaddy McChadface is obviously not interested in loot and is bored and looking for fights. Even if I scroll-wheel down to snail slow and mouse quiet, if I so much as fart he's going to smell it and come kill me.  There's no way I'm getting across the back of Oli without farting.  So I left. Went out the loading dock.  Once there, stepped into cover and started to remove that awkward scope - I hate this thing, it was a dumb idea to bring it.

Suddenly footsteps.  I cancelled, switched to the canted sight and aimed down it. A pistol scav walked in front of my reticle. I put him down. My AKM is suppressed and the scav didn't fire his weapon, but still  noise.  I need to leave.  I hustled down the ramp and started up the alley, stopping briefly to remove that damn scope - it's like balancing a ball on your nose. 

Where to? Goshan?  No - I don't need that shit again. I'll go scav hunting at the power station, and if there isn't anything, head to underneath IDEA, and then back down the spine of the mall.

Made my way to the power station. No scavs. There are some loot locations outside it, but the containers and toolboxes and duffles were all "open" and empty. Someone has been through here already. Same inside the power building - no scavs and all the loot vacuumed.

Went under IDEA. I really don't like this scope, but I carried it all this way - I reattached the Vulcan MG Nightscope to the AKM.  Scoped the garage. Look at that! There's a scav crouched in the darkness between those tents - I can't see him at all without the scope. Killed the scav.  And I killed several more - they just kept spawning underneath IDEA. More than once I started making my way into IDEA when I would heard voices or footsteps and I'd return to the garage and grab another kill. This is going well, and I'm so glad I brought this Vulcan MG, it was a smart idea to bring it.

After netting some seven kills, I heard another scav somewhere in the garage, but my vision began to darken. Oh no! Hydration and energy are zeroing and the raid timer says less than eight minutes. Shit. I don't have any food or drink and no time to go hunt it.  I let that last scav live, started healing my head and thorax, and made my way to extract. 

Time In Raid: 40 minutes 49 seconds
Exp: 2665
Kills (7 Scavs): Igoryan Zhivchik, Ilyusha ChPU, Vovan Pank, Lev Krasnoselskiy, Fyodor Russkiy, Seva Nervnyy, Gosha Vafel.   Godspeed gentlemen. 
Ammo Used: 48, Hits: 25, Accuracy: 0.4,  Damage to Body: 1108, Damage to Armor: 16
I came away totally unscathed from my scav battles - not a scratch on me.

Mistakes

  • my "kill PMCs at hole in floor" plan seems to be poor.
  • I looted most of my scav kills, but not all. And I mostly focused on their pockets or backpacks, since that's where any valuable loot is. But I may have overlooked some food and drink in their rigs. Plus, I could have taken their rigs and maybe some weapons.  Most of the time I was looting there was no rush. Need to improve.
  • didn't use aiming laser. I hate using it for fear that it'll give away my position. But the accuracy boost is probably worth it. 

Successes

  • avoided Chaddy McChadface.  I'm trying to become braver and run towards fights instead of away from them. But I have to be realistic - Mr. McChadface had brought down Killa, and by the sound of it likely had that .308 DT DMR, probably spending 3K rubles per round.  That's not a battle I'm likely to win. 
  • killed 7 scavs. 
  • Vulcan MG + Interchange FTW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I