Skip to main content

д2 - Raid 117

Destination: Reserve

Goals

  • acquire military tech for Secure Container Beta trade (Iridium, Virtex, Military Cable and Tank Battery)
  • Kill PMCs
  • Find Bunker Control Room for Prapor Quest
I haven't run too many raids on Reserve yet, two as a PMC, and a few as a scav. But except for one military cable, I haven't yet come across an Iridium, Virtex, or any of that.  But for every PMC I kill I'll allow myself to buy one of the items I need.   Today's plan is to go to King - quickly check it for military tech, and then go into the basement.  There is supposedly an Iridium spawn near the D2 power switch. Plus I need to go into the Bunker control room for that Prapor quest.  

This should be exciting. In my offline raids, it seems the bunker is always crawling with Raiders, and those firefights don't go my way more often than not.  So my plan is get down by the switch, open the door to the control room for the quest. Then drink my energy drink, pop a pain pill, hit the switch and move quick quick to get out before being trapped by the raiders that will spawn. I'm hoping to exit via д2, an exfil I've never used before. 

Raid 117


Loadout: Class 5 Ghzel Armor. VSS with four magazines of SPP and 2x Monstrum scope/sight. Meds. Grenade.  Also, even though this is a daytime raid, I'm bringing my Armasight NVG setup. Going to need it in the dark underground areas.

I spawned in a bunker behind the automobile service garages.  Made my way around the garages, past manhole and then to King. Entered it via the garages.  Got some military tech loot right away, just not the military tech I'm looking for. Went up to 3rd floor, down to second, checked computer room. Down to first. Opened and then closed the steel grate door. Checked the computer rooms. Got a bit more loot. Then went back through the steel grate door, closing it behind me.  NVG on. Here we go, let's get this done.

I crept down the passageway, took a sheltered position at the top of the stairs. No sign of anyone. There is usually a scav or raider guard at the bunker door, but no one.  Peeked the hallway slanting up. No one. I carefully descended the stairs. Just then I heard Russian shouting and a shotgun fired directly across the bunker. I went back upstairs, took a secure position. Waiting for a PMC. But none came. Instead a scav came running down the hall, and took a position just inside the door. I waited. No one fired on him. Waited some more. Well, let's get this done.

I descended the stairs - double checked the ramp. Clear. Peeked the storeroom. Clear. The scav said something and walked around the door - I shot him, but my mouse was shaking I was so nervous. He ran away - but not far. I circled the door post, there he was. I couldn't get my shot lined up. Finally I did, but not before buckshot tore through me, blacking my arms, heavy bleed, all systems red. I esmarched, staggered backwards, switched to autofire.  I spotted the silhouette of a crouched shape on the other side of the bunker - probably a raider. I aimed across the bunker and fired, forgetting I was on autofire - the first bullets landed, but the others were wide. The crouched figure backed up out of my line of fire.  

I was sure I was about to be overrun by raiders. I went back up the stairs to a better defendable position and did more healing. But no raiders came. Was that a player I shot?  Shit.  Well, let's get this done.

For the third time I came down the stairs from King.  Clear. Entered the bunker. A couple of dead bodies around, but otherwise clear. Closed the door that leads to the offices. Using cover checked the passage to the stairs. Clear. Checked the next one, where the crouched figure had been. Clear. Is he down the hall near the marked room and the switch?  I went down the first one, and threw a grenade down the second one. Clear. There was no Iridium.  Despite having a clear plan for this spot ( open door to control, drink, pain, switch ) I forgot all of that. I hit the switch and ran, forgetting everything else.

Ran back near the King stairs and went up the ramp towards д2. Started down the stairs. Wait - I forgot the damn control room. God damnit. I took a moment to collect myself - had I reloaded? (Yes) Health OK? (within operating parameters). Let's get this done.

Returned to the bunker and the switch, stepped into the control room. Sub-task complete. Let's go.

I exited via the D2 ( д2 ) extract. Every door I opened I closed behind me.  Got some great loot on the way, but still none of the military tech I'm looking for.  And, surprisingly, despite all the damage I suffered from the shotgun  (including damage to my stomach and thorax), my Ghzel armor is still 65/65. Unexpected, but cool.

Time In Raid: 21 minutes, 23 seconds
Exp: 1284
Killed: Filya Metanol (scav). Godspeed Filya.
Ammo Used: 13. Hits: 5. Accuracy: 0.31  Damage to Body: 274

Mistakes

  • terrible combat with scav.  If he had been a real raider, I'd have died.  
  • being scared. It's been awhile since I've been so nervous. Maybe because I'm playing less regularly?
  • mismanaging autofire. Maybe with single-fire I could have killed the PMC. (Or maybe not)
  • completely forgetting the mentally rehearsed plan. drink, pain, switch. How hard is it?
  • did not search bodies in bunker. Might have been a PMC or raider there. Should have at least _looked_ at them. What if there was some hex-grid armor or a bunch of magazines of M61?

Successes

  • Survived and Extracted
  • Completed Bunker Part 1 Quest
  • I've survived three reserve PMC raids in a row. Unexpected. Also, they have been less combat-intense than expected.  I'm not ungrateful for that.

PostScript

I killed Filya with a single headshot. My other shots were at the crouching figure. I think that must have been a player scav. I notice I had no "Damage to Armor" in my post-mortem, so the damage I inflicted was probably on an unarmored combatant, which most likely means player scav.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi