Skip to main content

Nightmare

I had a dream last night. It's already fading and I want to get it written down before I forget it. Normally, I wouldnt' bother. My dreams are usually about my parents, my childhood, girls, or Tarkov. Most of them are about Tarkov, and this one is no different.

I dreamt there was something I had to do for Prapor, and I was moving with urgency, upset perhaps. I hurriedly grabbed an armored vest, pushed a grenade in my pocket, and picked up a hunting rifle that I had recently modified with a huge suppressor. I had four magazines for that rifle, but could only find three. No time.  I jammed them into my vest and ran out. And then in the dream I was fighting some BEAR operative, but the damn rifle was too long and unwieldy.  I dropped it and rushed him pulling out a little submachine gun I had tucked into my vest. As I ran up to him I began firing, but too soon. The rounds, they emptied into the sandbags he was crouched behind and I brought the SMG up to his face but it was empty - the magazine spent. I couldn't see his face, it was dark, but I could look down the barrel of his weapon, I could see his finger right in front of me, squeezing the trigger. And that's the dream, the nightmare. Just recounting it makes my heart pound.

It's obviously a dream - if it weren't a dream I wouldn't be here writing this down. But here's the thing, that rifle - that's a real rifle I scrounged, fixed up and modified.  That rifle, it's gone. It's not here. But I know I didn't imagine it, I remember it, and I found the fourth magazine, behind my workbench. What the hell is going on?

I need to get out of Tarkov.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you a...

Prapor Is Unwell

 Got a message from Prapor, he's giving me a "boost" (his word, not mine). And he sent over an AK-74, an AK-101 and a god-damned Kel-Tec RFB assault rifle! This can't be no strings attached, but he didn't ask for any favors. I was sure he was going to ask me to go kill Jaeger or Putin or something. Instead, he says "everybody calls me Prapor, let's get acquainted."  Like he want us to go out to a movie or dancing?  Introducing himself _again_ plus being overly generous - something is definitely wrong with him. Dementia. He probably had a stroke.  He sent over a SKS-OP too. Something I can put a sight on. I'll take that out next.  I'll set the others aside in case he asks for them back or tries to call in a favor I can't return (e.g. dancing).

Update: Killing Time instead of Scavs

Destination Woods Goals survive kill scavs (approx 10 more to finish quest) locate convoy and usec camp (if convenient) Progress: Interminable Grind Raid 26 - Boring Loadout: VPO-206 with .366 TKM FMJ and variable dot/scope sight, extra magazines, rig, sling, ears, class 3 armor. 3001 rubles for car extract.  Water and Medkit in pouch.  Insurance: 0K (previous insurance).  Most of my recent Woods raids have been in the morning, but this one was in the early evening. Spawned near spine, which I didn't realize was an option.  Don't really have a plan for this spawn. Exfil is at Outskirts, so maybe just go to Scav house and see if I can ring up better numbers than I have so far.  Headed out, but shortly after encountered another player.  Not sure if he saw me and hid. He passed. But once I started moving again, heard him coming up again behind me.  Turned, crossed a ridge. Put some distance between us.  Tromped through woods. Lost.  Used the sun...