Skip to main content

Update: Raids 70-72. Factory Crawl

Destination: Factory

Goals:

  • improve my PvP
  • farm scavs for exp
  • get better sense of map in a real raid, to prepare for Delivery from the Past second part
  • survive would be great, but not a goal.
I like Factory.  I normally play very slowly, methodically, constantly hiding and scurrying, avoiding PMCs, but Factory forces a very different play-style.  Before each raid I write things like this on a piece of paper as reminders, to help push me to action:
  • relax
  • have fun
  • die
  • use cover
  • reload (after every encounter)
  • move
Loadout: for all these raids, my loadout is typically some class 3 armor (Zhuk Press), an SMG ( MP5, Kedr), meds, backpack and rig. I often forget to bring a grenade (which I would then forget to use).

Raid 70

After spawning, made my way into tunnels, hoping to find scavs.  Found one and killed him.  Shortly after, was in the low area around those three round silos that sit recessed in the ground. Another PMC was there, we played cat and mouse around the silos.  I rather ingeniously was able to use silence, back-pedaling and flanking to maneuver out of trouble. The other PMC pounced, but I wasn't there.  Now it would be my turn to pounce, but he knew he was in trouble and quickly scrambled up and started parkouring to the high ground. Now our 2D game became a 3D one and I knew I was being outplayed. Instead of pouncing I withdrew, and not a moment too soon. He started firing on me, but missed. I took cover and set-up on him if he pursued, with an escape route planned if he tried something fancy.  But he moved on, towards the stairwells.

He had better hunting there, I heard weapon fire, but his was always the last one.  I came across a different PMC who was aiming up at something in the ceiling, firing. While he attention was elsewhere, I shot him.  I desperately wanted his dog-tag but figured it wasn't clear.  Circled around. There were three different PMC bodies outside the stairwell in the middle area.  One of them was the one I dropped, and the other bodies must have been from the player I encountered earlier. I took fire anytime I got near that area - he was overwatching from somewhere high, but I couldn't figure out where. OK, three PMC bodies, him and me. That's everyone accounted for. And I have been over this whole map, and the only scav I've seen is the one I killed earlier.  Hmm.

I had one last trick - this guy has probably not looted any of these bodies, and he'll want to.  So I ran over to the bodies, drew fire, and then ran a beeline for Gate 3. I opened the door, went through it, opened the next one and went through that. But I didn't extract.  I quieted down, and snuck back out very quietly and carefully until I was fairly obscured from the above areas, but had eyes on the bodies. And then I waited.  But he didn't come down.  I waited some more. But now I was getting nervous about player scavs - they could start showing up, and I'd be an easy target to anyone else.  So I gave up and extracted.  I couldn't believe the timer when it said the raid was only six minutes long. How is that possible? It felt like thirty.

Time In Raid: 6 minutes 26 seconds
Exp: 2145   
Killed: Kolya Barash (scav) and USEC ??? (Level 0-10)
Ammo Used: 29  Hits: 5  Damage to Body: 127  Damage to Armor: 89   Accuracy: 0.17

Mistakes

  • maybe should have been more patient camping the bodies

Successes

  • killed a PMC and a Scav
  • made Level 12
  • had fun

Raid 71

Spawned in the worst spawn - the one back behind the forklifts with another spawn directly ahead and one to the left.   I switched to autofire and rushed the spawn on the left.  But I didn't use cover. The other player was hiding behind a piece of machinery while I charged.  We know how this ends.

Time In Raid: 20 seconds
Exp: 0

Congratulations to SirSweatsAlot for the kill.

Mistakes

  • charging into the teeth of autofire without cover

Successes

  • charging into the teeth of autofire without cover

Raid 72

Spawned down near Gate 0. Heard a lot of commotion near the stairwells, made my way mostly through the tunnels, hoping to bag some scavs. No scavs bagged.

Approached the stairwells from the big room with Gate 3.  Heard a player stomping around above. Entered the stairwell and peeked up. Hmmm - this does not seem wise.  Exited and went to a shipping container, so I wouldn't be visible from above. Heard footsteps coming down. Aimed down sight, hoping to catch him.  But he didn't come all the way down, instead he stepped out onto the landing that goes to the case drop-off shack.  I spotted him, but too late. He spotted me and ducked back into the stairwell. Shit, he knows where I am.  Will he re-peek the door? I aimed.  He did repeek the door - he came out firing. He was partially covered by the doorframe, I was utterly exposed.  We traded fire, but Miami-Vice got the better of me.  Congratulations Miami-Vice.

Time In Raid: 3 minutes, 27 seconds
Exp: 0
Ammo Used: 21  Hits: 3   Damage to Body: 59  Damage to Armor: 90  Accuracy 0.14

Mistakes

  • the second he knew where I was, without cover, was the second I should have displaced. I wanted to, but didn't have a good idea of where to go.  Standing still is as good as dying in these situations. Need to move.

Successes

  • none worth mentioning

PostScript

Where are all the Scavs?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi