Skip to main content

Update: Raid 78 - Backwards Slide

Haven't played much in the last few weeks, just a few scav runs and offline plays ( see: CALvPT ).  But chatted with Om3ga and he inspired me to keep at it - he's level 38 now and I'm still 13. Maybe I can catch up, no? 

Also, I heard that there is going to be an update later tonight, I'm not sure if it's this same update, but an expansion to Factory is rumored along with a new boss. So maybe best to get the Delivery from the Past quest done before that gets complicated. 

Destination: Factory

Goal:  Delivery package to that little room above Gate 3 exit.

Raid 78

Loadout: 6B3TM armored rig (class 4), Suppressed Vityaz PP-19-01 with laser and dot sight, three 30 round mags. First mag is 50/50 AP6.3 and Pst gzh. Others just Pst gzh. Ears, two grenades, backpack.  And, "the package".   

Insurance: 23K

Spawned into room off breach room. Good spawn. Have to be careful - there's another spawn down the hallway with the forklifts, and another in the glass corridor beyond that.  I toggled the laser and the autofire.  Immediately a big fight broke out down by the forklifts.  Was the player there fighting with the one in the glass corridor?  That was quick.

I stepped up to the hallway and peeked it. Nobody down there, but I could still hear gunfire playing out. I decided to use the opportunity to move while they were distracted.  I opened the door and stepped into the main generator room.  

A scav was running diagonally across the room, headed for the ruckus in the forklift room. He hadn't seen me, but he might and it's not safe to leave him behind me. I aimed and fired.  Weapon was on single fire.  That's strange - I toggled it at the beginning - maybe I had toggled it off?  No matter. I started clicking double quick. I moved my shots up from his body to his head. The scav was wearing a balaclava and tanker helmet. Cute. That's the trademark outfit of some streamer ( Bizzelsnaff ?), and GeneralSam borrowed it for one of his recent stunts.  

Is that tanker-cum-balaclava special somehow? I was putting round after round into this scavs head and he wasn't going down.  Another scav shouted from somewhere behind me. Wow! two scavs in one place at the beginning of the raid, and also fuck! I need to finish this. The scav finally went down. I've used too much ammo for a fresh encounter - I reloaded and started to swivel around the stairs hoping to use them as cover between me and whatever scav was behind me. But I was too late and those stairs just not enough cover. The scav behind unloaded a withering blast of autofire into me and I went down.

Sigh. Killed by a scav and now I need to go back to Directors office on Customs and start this whole thing over again. 

Exp: 105
Time In Raid: 0 minutes, 28 seconds

Killed: Protasiy Myatyy (scav)  Godspeed Protasiy, hope you get a wage increase with this next update.
Ammo Used: 23  Hits: 10  Accuracy: 0.35   Damage to Body: 360  Damage to Armor: 23   

Killed By: Gogi Murzila (scav) with many rounds of 5.45x39mm BT.  (BT?  The scavs are using better ammo than me).

Mistakes

  • should have paid closer attention when toggling autofire.  Full auto could have put the first scav down quicker, which might have changed the outcome against the second one. 
  • didn't use cover.  I was firing quick enough that Protasiy was never able to return fire, but still, I should have been more aware of hard cover and seeking it even during the conflict. Might have saved me against Gogi.  But I took the initiative against Protasiy - if I had waited until I was safely ensconced someplace then I would have lost that. 
  • Was I not hitting his head? I swear I put round after round into his head. May need to work on this.
  • died
  • died in the first 30 seconds of the raid
  • died to a scav

Successes

  • killed a scav
  • kept my head through the encounter - didn't panic, jump or overreact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi