Skip to main content

Update: Raid 73 - Factory Repair

Now that I'm Level 12 I have some new quests from Mechanic, one of which takes place in Factory. That's great. I'm planning on running Factory for a while to help improve my PvP and so it's nice to have another reason to be here.   

Raid 73

Loadout: Vityaz PP-19-01 SMG with laser, sight and suppressor, several magazines of mostly Pst gzh, but first couple mags are salted with some AP6.3 rounds. One grenade.  Meds, Press Zhuk-3 armor, and one set of tools. 

I know I need to make two repairs, but since I'm going to be in Factory for several more raids, there's no sense in pushing it.

Spawned into the area next to the Breach room. Turned on laser, made sure auto-fire was set, and left peeked down the hallway towards forklift spawn.  A PMC was already there, peeking back. We traded some fire, neither of us landing shots well. The left peek is hard, because I'm more exposed than he is. I quickly stepped further over to get a better angle on him and then cut him down with autofire. Risky move, but it paid off.  Except my leg was wounded. I cheesed, reloaded, and then entered the breach room and went down the stairs to finish medding. Applied the esmarch just before it blacked out and restored it.

Then, I used the underground passage to approach the forklift area again. There might have been a player in the glass hall, so I need to be careful. As I got close to the stairs, I slowed down to be super quiet. However, the minute I stepped on the metal stairs they made noise - even though I was going the slowest (though not crouched). So I just went up fast. But there was no one there. Glass corridor clear.

Hopped over to the panel. Took 20 seconds to make the repair. Then went to the body and got chopperchump's dogtags in my secure container, I took his pistol. He had a sling backpack...oooh! I bet he has some tools - I could finish the other repair. But just then heard the door over by breach room open. Shit.  Threw the unexamined sling into my backpack and tabbed out.  When I tabbed out I was disoriented - I must have rotated or something, because I wasn't facing the same as when I started looting. Took me a sec to get oriented again. Were those footsteps in the glass corridor or the passage to breach room?   The passage. But now I was worried it was too late. I froze. 

GatorKing stepped around the corner and took me down with a blast of 4.6x30mm ActionSX before I could even ADS or fire back.  Nice work GatorKing!

Time In Raid: 3 minutes, 37 seconds
Exp: 631
Kills: chopperchump
Ammo Used: 27  Hits: 6  Accuracy: 0.19  Damage to Body: 265

Mistakes

  • freezing
  • being disoriented
  • because it was a door I first heard, I should have known it was the passage, not the glass corridor. I should have gone immediately to the corner and peeked out, firing.  I might have been able to catch GatorKing in the corridor, where he would have no cover.  Even moving behind the forklift would have been better. But staying where I was, with no cover other than chopperchump's dead body was ungood. This is why I'm here in Factory - to stop making mistakes like this.
  • Alternately, I could have used the grenade. Easy to chuck it into the passageway.  Unused grenades is another classic cornflake-cperk mistake. 
  • Overlooked the "heavy bleed" icon  - I got lucky I was able to esmarch before the leg was blacked.  I should have applied that quicker.

Successes

  • used cover pretty well in first battle, and killed a player.
  • finished first repair of quest
  • put dogtag in secure container

PostScript

So that 4.6x30mm Action SX ammo is something new to me. I've never been killed by that before. Turns out it's the ammo used by the MP7, which is supposedly the top-of-the-line SMG.  If GatorKing was packing that, he likely had much better armor than me, too.  Maybe someday if I ever manage to clear the whole lobby I'll reward myself by kitting out with an MP7. 

Post PostScript

Discovered that if anyone is using Zoom or Skype in my household, then my Tarkov latency becomes really bad. This isn't really an issue - I don't play during the daytime anyway, but interesting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi