Skip to main content

Update: Level 3 and Blooded

 Goals 

  • Survive
  • Be More Aggressive
  • Kill Scavs

Progress: Upward

Raid #10

Loadout: same as last. AKS-74U, mags with mix of BP/PS/PRS ammo. Ulley rig, sling, meds.  Water and Car Kit in Pouch.
Insurance: Not Necessary (insured from previous raid)

Started in Storage Area, next to customs house.  Worked way across river. As I finished crossing the road near Sniper Roadblock, a two stack started crossing in the other direction down near the intersection. We saw each other. They ceased crossing, I finished. But now we were both on the same side.  I hid behind a container, listening.  If they were flanking, they were quiet.  Peeked roadside and then crossed back and when down near smugglers boat. Heavy gunfire near RUAF Roadblock, so assuming that's them.  Crossed back.  

Was moving very quietly behind bus depot when I heard heavy foot steps stomping along the fenceline. I turned, waited, and Scav came around the corner. We traded fire. He stepped back into the bushes, I didn't have good cover. We traded more fire, but I couldn't see him at all. I displaced back around my corner and entered the depot from the hole in side wall.  Cleared the three buses, and crossed over to the shack and toilets. The scav had apparently crossed the street and was firing on me from over there. We exchanged fire, but he was well protected by those oil pipes and the bushes.  

We were making a lot of noise and sooner or later were going to be third partied. So I withdrew.  Headed out over to the liquid storage area, which is where my exfil was.  

My original plan was to cross the map, and use my exfil as a base from which to kill scavs. So, if I get badly injured or outgunned I could make a hasty retreat.  But there were no scavs in the area. Did several circuits, but nothing. Time was passing, and either nothing would happen or I'd encounter an exiting player. So I exited.

Turns out, I didn't fight one scav, I fought two! And killed them both. Godspeed Panteleymon Baryga and Oficerskiy Legolas.  

Time In Raid: 30:57
Exp: 895

Mistakes

  • completely misreading the two scavs. Did they have the same weapon, or am I an idiot? 

Successes

  • SURVIVED
  • Killed Two Scavs.  Only one more to complete first half of mission.


Raid #11

Loadout: identical.  

Spawned in building, liquid storage area.  Stepped outside and scav ran toward me.  We exchanged a lot of fire. I put round after round after round into him. And him me. When he finally died, I was in bad shape. But he had an MP-133 shotgun, which I need.

Stumbled back into building, healing.  PK, Esmarch, Cheese, Car Kit, Pineapple Juice. Closed the side door to have privacy.  Amazingly, my legs or arms weren't blacked, so I was able to heal up to mostly normal.  Was about to leave by a different small door when I heard footsteps outside. A vulture had found the corpse I left outside. I crouched in the corner, aiming down sight.   I think he could see the blood trail going into the building, because he suddenly shot up the spot where I had been crouched healing just seconds before.  I heard him move back and forth a bit, going in and out of the building, but I couldn't see him from where I cowered. I think the darkness, especially in contrast to light streaming through the door nearest me made it hard. He stepped into my field of view, I held my breath and fired, and killed him from the side with a shot to the head. 

This was my first player kill.  I've been playing for a month and a half and have never managed to take down another player before. Not because I'm a conscientious objector, but because I suck. 

I scuttled over.  He had grenades!! Yes.  He had fancy guns, I took the one he was carrying, but kept the MP-133. I took his magazines, and put his dogtags and Salewa in my pouch (my car kit having been depleted).  Hot damn.  

Now what? I still have the whole damn map to cross! Suddenly I felt like I needed to _move_, so I headed out.  Past the military checkpoint, up the hill towards power tower. There is a stash there, maybe I'll check it and calm down. While not running, my movement to here has not been exactly careful.

Not careful by half. I didn't even make a half ass attempt at clearing the area.  As I looked down on the stash, TuckYoChain lit me up and killed me with 9x18mm.  Nice work TuckYoChain. Enjoy Flyking179_TTV's fancy gun and grenades. 

Kills: Filya Russkiy (Scav)  and  Flyking179_TTV (Level 30 USEC)

Mistakes

  • DIED
  • what was up with that first scav battle?  Should have stepped to cover while firing. Only dumb luck that I won and wasn't injured more seriously.
  • Too jazzed after killing the player.  Not careful == Not Survive

Successes

  • Killed a PMC. Finally.
  • Completed the "Kill 5 Scavs" part of the Debut quest.  Next: the shotguns. 
  • Am now Level 3.  

FlyKing179's twitch stream is here: https://www.twitch.tv/flyking179179 .  

You can see where I kill him here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/856251925?t=15h16m24s   But upon watching his video I learned several things:
  • Where I thought he "followed the blood and fired where I was"  was completely wrong. A player came in behind him and he dispatched that poor slob first. 
  • He then went upstairs and looted. This is the building I started in! Why had I not looted that first - I thought I was in a different building. I am an idiot.
  • He found the Gas Analyzer and put it back. Is that so another player might be able to get it? I know it's highly sought after.
  • His looting and inventory management is so fast. 
  • When I took his fancy gun and the magazines, I think I took the wrong pair. I'm not sure, but I believe I left with the AK-105 and the magazines for that .45 caliber SMG.  So, not much help to the guy who got them after I died. 
  • Why was I just sitting down there in the corner, scared? To me, it did not seem long before he came into the building and when I finally killed him. But, the video doesn't lie. 
  • I forgot to take his backpack. I intended to, since mine had almost nothing in it. Wasn't thinking clearly. 
  • Did I mention that I am an idiot? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Fire of Emplaced Weapons at Lighthouse USEC Base, for BEARS

On the new Lighthouse map, the USEC rogues are very aggressive against BEARS and will sight on you out to 300 meters or more, and will fire on you far quicker than they will on a USEC PMC.  The fixed guns are particularly dangerous as they can kill you with a single hit when you might not even realize you are close to the base. I made a map with some fields of fire noted on it. There are two mounted machine guns on building 1 , two mounted machine guns and a grenade launcher on building 2 , and a single machine gun on building 3 .  Plus there is a mounted machine gun and grenade launcher on the southwest corner of the base (lower right on this map).  I have noted the general field of fire of each of these weapons on the map. Obviously, there is a lot of cover, so just because you are standing in a red zone on this map doesn't necessarily mean you can be seen and hit. BUT, if there is any sort of line of sight (including through trees, bushes, walls and vehicles) and you are BEAR, t

Counting Cheaters - Part 4

Methodology Because of this blog, I have a record of the name of everyone who kills me, as well as a mostly complete record of the name of everyone I manage to kill.  Every two months this wipe (12.12) I look up all those names in the in-game chat tool.  The presumption being that if a name is no longer in the chat tool then either that person changed their name, or they were banned for cheating.   It is not a perfect methodology nor do I have a lot of data, but it's far better than just going by feel, which is what most people do. The arguments about cheating on Reddit are mostly silly as people just try to generalize anecdotal experiences.  My Anecdotal Experience Since I broached the topic, here is my own anecdotal experience. Before I started doing this I didn't feel like I had encountered many cheaters in Wipe 12.12.  Just a couple.   But since I've started tracking, my view has become more jaundiced and now I have more suspicions. BUT, overall this wipe, I feel like I

On "The Video"

 No doubt, anyone following Tarkov has seen the video from Goat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LfGcDB7Ek If you've read my blog before, you know I've tried tracking cheaters in the past by checking all my kills and killers in the in-game chat tool over time. I made several posts, the last of which was this one:  https://itarkovpoorly.blogspot.com/2022/06/counting-cheater-part-4.html My take on the video?  The reason it's called "The wiggle that killed tarkov" is because if cheaters are signaling each other via wiggling, it means there is a CULTURE of cheating and cheaters. And that's the shocking thing. It's not just "some people cheat", it's that there is a whole CULTURE of people cheating, with their own set of spoken/unspoken rules, behaviors, norms and manners. And if you've got a whole culture around something, then it's likely widespread and endemic. And disappointing.  Someone made the remark on Reddit that watching the vi